Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS3000X HD and upgraded SDS1000X HD
« Last post by core on Today at 11:11:15 am »
Same with the SDS3000. Unless it's significantly more powerful, faster than the SDS2000X HD, I have the same problem.
Double the memory, double the sample rate, double the bandwidth...
The 3000 series can then cost more.
Whereby the "significantly faster" would still have to be defined in terms of what is meant by this.
One second of acquisition time, for example, remains one second, even with the most expensive scopes in the world.

I don't need a lot of memory, bandwidth or sampling rate.
I have some of that with Rigol, but it has big shortcomings in many other ways.

But I would like it to be fast when running math functions, FFT, Bode, etc.
How is the SDS3000 vs SDS2000X HD in this respect?

Test Equipment / Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Last post by dazz1 on Today at 11:10:35 am »
Hi,
Nice PCB.
Was there a reason you didn't include the tip isolation network?
(Attachment Link)
Just a 91k resistor on each line would get the DC levels correct. Even a 100k which is easily available as 8 in a single package would be better than nothing.
Information on LA probing is available from Keysight. https://www.keysight.com/gb/en/assets/7018-06707/data-sheets/5968-4632.pdf
See page 47.

Robert.

I read the reference a while ago, but I didn't think the extra complexity was required in this case.    My use case is to connect the adapter between the test equipment and the gpib-usb adapter, looking for software related problems.    I looked at the specs for my scope and the GPIB signal levels are inside the scope specs. 

If I am wrong, I will try something else.
Test Equipment / Re: Multimeter selection for production testing
« Last post by 2N3055 on Today at 11:09:32 am »
I'm setting up a production line testing tool. It an in-circuit functional testing JIG, that measures a bunch of things, and makes sure that the board we ship is within specifications. There is one test that's still missing, measuring the current consumption of the DUT. The original design called for a Keysight 34465A for this. And well, it's not within the budget to buy a new one.
So I'm searching for an instrument that can do current measurements, connect to the test system with Ethernet (USB might be acceptable). I though to ask the collective brainpower of the EEVBlog forum, because you know more instruments than I do. So here are specs:
- Desktop multimeter
- Measures ~100uA with 10uA accuracy
- Measures ~2A with 1% accuracy
- Can switch between these ranges without disconnecting the DUT
- Has Ethernet and SCPI, maybe USB
- Doesn't look like a toy
- Not an absolute nightmare of software to automate

My baseline is now the Siglent SDM3045X which I think would fulfill the role. I'm basing this on no actual evidence, just a guess, having never used Siglent multimeters. Honorable mention are all the Owon multimeters that look like a toy, and the Hantek 365* that looks like the piece but doesn't have uA range. And the Keysight U2741A that's somehow even more expensive than their 6.5 digit desktop meters.

I have a question about this:

"- Can switch between these ranges without disconnecting the DUT"

Does that mean :

- I don't want to change cables from LO/HIGH range inputs on meter.

or

- DUT cannot ever be disconnected while we change ranges in meter. Like in an device is measured in standby and then in active mode but without reset because meter disconnected one shunt and then connected the other. It must preserve connection and only change shunt value.

Beginners / Re: Convert US standard 115V to International 230V
« Last post by shapirus on Today at 11:04:31 am »
Yes that's good point. It's not clear if those PSUs are the only PSUs the device uses, given the strange difference in the power levels mentioned initially.
I am looking for a connector to try to make a programming cable for a little  Mitsubishi Alpha2 PLC.

What is this connector called?

Thank you for any assistance.
Joe
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDM3045X Boot Hang
« Last post by somen on Today at 10:49:29 am »
Thank you tautech for your prompt assistance in solving this problem. I did everything according to the instructions sent. I took an old 1GB flash drive and formatted it in FAT32 (cluster size 4kb). I checked that the partition was active and copied the contents of the archive to the root of the disk. After recovery, I updated the firmware to version V5.01.01.09R2
Many thanks to tautech and this forum for providing the opportunity to quickly resolve the problem.
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / W5500 broken link
« Last post by S. Petrukhin on Today at 10:49:11 am »
Hi, friends!

Has anyone encountered the problem of the WIZnet W5500 chip hanging from interference in a power line?
Line is completely isolated from the circuit galvanically ин optocoupler.
Even if the power supply is simply applied to the power wire, the connection is broken from time to time.
At the same time, SPI communication W5500 with the MCU is working, the Link indication is displayed both in the W5500 register and by LEDs.
But even ping, which is autonomous inside the W5500, does not work.

PE connected. I checked different Ethernet switches.

Complete circuit section diagram:
2141386-0
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS3000X HD and upgraded SDS1000X HD
« Last post by Martin72 on Today at 10:44:11 am »
Same with the SDS3000. Unless it's significantly more powerful, faster than the SDS2000X HD, I have the same problem.
Double the memory, double the sample rate, double the bandwidth...
The 3000 series can then cost more.
Whereby the "significantly faster" would still have to be defined in terms of what is meant by this.
One second of acquisition time, for example, remains one second, even with the most expensive scopes in the world.

Programming / Re: Ticketing seat allocation problem
« Last post by eutectique on Today at 10:38:39 am »
My preferred solution is
Code: [Select]
AllocateSeats(nRequestedSeats)
TakeMyMoney and ConfirmBooking
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next