Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Beginners / Re: Getting started with microcontrollers
« Last post by pcprogrammer on Today at 06:55:06 am »
Are you kidding? Common dude, the code is pretty clean.

Sure I can read it but it looks cluttered with all the objects needed to do  a simple thing. A bit like java with all the dot extensions to call a simple thing.

Like "cortex_m::asm::delay(2000000);" when in C with your own function "delay(2000000);" is enough. But here you need to select the top class, sub class and then the function you want to use.

And "safe" is just a word. Nothing is really safe. Mistakes are easily made even for experienced programmers and the "safe" flies out of the window.

Further more here we are most likely advising someone who has retired and wants to play with microcontrollers. Don't think "safe" code is high on his priority list.
The problem with hardly anything in alloys is that there are alloys that benefit from hardly anything. I.e. superalloys have ingredients added by 0.05%. They even have germanium doped solder for some reason... they call it doped. There is some PDF about it but I don't really understand much there, it looks like adding very small amounts of nickel halfs some problem parameter and then doping amount of germanium half it again.

I got the quartz crucible so I can try to make some of this stuff and test it. Easy enough to hang it on near overload with some weights. If I get around to it in the next 10 years

that is too much for me to understand with boundaries.
Other Blogs / Why Lightning Protection System is Important?
« Last post by ANZ99 on Today at 06:49:33 am »
Lightning is a powerful force of nature that can wreak havoc on buildings, structures, and the people within them. With its ability to strike anywhere at any time, the threat of lightning is a constant concern, particularly in regions prone to thunderstorms. This is where lightning protection systems play a crucial role in safeguarding lives and property.

The importance of lightning protection systems cannot be overstated. These systems are designed to intercept lightning strikes and safely conduct the electrical current to the ground, thereby preventing damage and minimizing the risk of injury or death. By dissipating the energy of a lightning strike, these systems protect buildings, equipment, and the people inside from the devastating effects of lightning-induced fires, structural damage, and electrical surges.

One of the key components of lightning protection systems is the lightning arrester, which is strategically installed to intercept lightning strikes and channel the electrical current safely to the ground. Additionally, these systems may include components such as earthing systems, lightning counters, surge protection devices, and lightning warning systems, providing a multi-layered approach to lightning protection.

Beyond the installation of lightning protection systems, comprehensive support throughout the lifespan of the systems is essential. This includes services such as risk assessment, site inspection, consultation, and maintenance, ensuring that customers receive ongoing protection and peace of mind.

In conclusion, lightning protection systems are indispensable for ensuring the safety and security of buildings, structures, and the people within them. By investing in these systems, individuals and organizations can mitigate the risks associated with lightning strikes and protect their valuable assets from potential damage and destruction.

Ready to Safeguard Your Property? Contact TAKO Lightning System Today!

Ensure maximum safety and effectiveness with TAKO's lightning protection solutions. With over 21 years of experience in the industry, TAKO offers tailored lightning protection systems, expert consultation, and comprehensive services to meet your specific needs. Don't wait until it's too late – safeguard your property with TAKO Lightning System now.
Metrology / Re: Null Detector based on Conrad Hoffman design check
« Last post by RolandK on Today at 06:46:27 am »
Power supply:
why not just use 4 eneloop divided in 2 groups. They deliver 2x 2.6V and and it's hard to get less noise. Just use a 2 pole power switch for positive and negative supply. I would prefer 2x 4 AA eneloops with 2x 5.2V. It is easier to find optimal OP-amps.

Circuit:
1. i would prefer an inverting OP configuration. The operation point is then always at zero volts, so no common mode voltage and therefore better linearity.  (i think a µV meter is more useful then just a null-detector)
2. Use an OP with lowest input bias current, as it is drawn from the circuit to be measured. Input offset voltage may be trimmed.
3. Both inputs should allways see the same input resistance to prevent bias offset current. Beeing R1 input resistor and R2 feedback resistor at the - input, just parallel same resistors (1% is ok there) at the + input against GND.
4. Compensate Bias Offset Voltage as proposed earlier. Just short the input and trim for zero output, leave it then switched on for 1 hour - your meter should not drift away.
5. The low pass filter at the input is against emitting chopper noise in the circuit to be measured, too. So adding 2 C against GND before and after the 2 20k may be a good idea.
6. Use a socket for your op-amp, so you can compare different types. Build it on a breadboard to see if it is really working.
One day I received one saying, "Amanda on tonight's flight, wear your red Jocks".

I assume "Amanda" was the secretary?  ;D
Manufacturing & Assembly / Re: PCBWay Boards Faulty
« Last post by sandy-pcb manufacturer on Today at 06:46:01 am »
Hello,
this is sandy from 2pcb technology, we are experienced manufacturer for pcb/pcba, welcome to contact me to get a good experience.

whatsapp:+ 86 150 1853 1673
Email:sandyliu03291111@gmail.com
The client (a TLS client does not need to store any keys etc)

But of course the client does need to store their own private key. How otherwise would you authenticate the client?
Repair / Re: Help me to find Diode "14" mark datasheet
« Last post by fzabkar on Today at 06:42:14 am »
There are too many possibilities:

http://markingcodes.com/search/c/14

You need to narrow down the parameters. Can you show us a photo of the diode's surroundings?
Beginners / Re: Difference amplifier
« Last post by golden_labels on Today at 06:42:08 am »
A small correction to MarkT’s post. Common mode is the average of two signals, not their sum. Threfore in the common-mode gain the denominator is: (input1 + input2) / 2.

Word “gain” may sound like something desired in a circuit, it’s not neccessarily the case. Common-mode gain is a good example. For amplifying differential signals we want it to be possibly close to zero. An ideal differential amplifier has a common-mode gain of 0 and the further a real circuit deviates from it, the more error it introduces into the output. Common-mode rejection ratio is what measures the useful (differential) gain compared to the unwanted (common-mode) gain.
I have a similar project on my hands (bigger amount of units though) and I took the initiative to get the security implemented properly. At some point you have to protect a customer against themselves.

Heh, yeah.
They pay for security either way.
One way is to pay early, and to pay less.
Another way is to pay late, and pay much more, with money and possible lost business.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next