Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Beginners / Re: Convert US standard 115V to International 230V
« Last post by radiolistener on Today at 09:14:56 pm »
You might want to plug the device into a Kill-A-Watt and measure the power consumption under full load. I suspect it won't be more than 1000 W, but this way you can measure it and find out.

Such approach is not acceptable for safety critical devices development because it don't guarantee that device will never consume more power under some specific conditions.
Other Equipment & Products / Re: Different bases on Amscope microscope
« Last post by Psi on Today at 09:14:26 pm »
Any time you bump them the microscope shakes for ages.

So don't do that.

The trouble is you bump it every time you touch your face to the objectives.
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by BillyO on Today at 09:14:05 pm »
Try it with a sweep. It seems that it occasionally (maybe between steps) resets to the base 30 MHz frequency.
Yes, I found the glitching too.
It's a terrible happening and important to know really why the venture failed, rather than the old "blame the economy/market" excuse.

Lately I see a lot of green industry companies - top heavy with high-wage executives, going public with the associated high legal, accounting and of course marketing spending - then waiting for the investment bucks, grants to roll in, along with the unicorn. They're not (yet) profitable, high burn rate.
Meanwhile, the one lowly engineer is flogged to make world-class products ASAP. Or they'll just fake it like Nikola or Theranos.
It's all based on overhype, inflated unrealistic sales numbers, overpaid exec's, total focus on marketing, and the assumption that new tech is merely a crop coming in for harvest.

EV bus manufacturer ProTerra goes insolvent, municipalities have $100's million worth of buses that never made their claims for range or reliability in the first place- costing 2x that of a diesel bus, orphaned. The company closes down, all warranty obligations and performance grievances wiped and then it gets bought on the cheap by Phoenix Motor. It seems to be the MBA green business plan. Blame it on a sales downturn, the economy etc. etc. but no, it's really the original business plan was "to the moon" with no ground connection lol.

The green pullback is severe whiplash for these overdone companies I think.
Downturn - Tesla is getting trashed too, laid off 10% or 6,000 staff in California and Texas. Let's just blame the economy, not the Cybertruck fiasco, not the CEO, not the silly expensive products etc.
"Andrew Baglino, the senior vice president of powertrain and energy engineering, said on X that he had made the “difficult decision to move on from Tesla after 18 years”. This a  bad omen.
Beginners / Re: Convert US standard 115V to International 230V
« Last post by IanB on Today at 09:08:47 pm »
You might want to plug the device into a Kill-A-Watt and measure the power consumption under full load. I suspect it won't be more than 1000 W, but this way you can measure it and find out.
your kommando function doesn't just send the command to the scope, it also returns the first reply by running self.lese_daten().

You're not doing anything with the data the kommando function returns.

This is actually not my kommando ;-). Just got that from the internet, and did not notice this. Should have actually looked more closer there.  ;D

Thank you  :-+
Dodgy Technology / Re: KCD-11 rocker switch from aliexpress is junk
« Last post by thm_w on Today at 09:03:38 pm »
The thing is some suppliers with the exact same looking part might be great. But yeah these look cheap.

LCSC has some from 10c each that I'd probably trust more: https://www.lcsc.com/product-detail/span-style-background-color-ff0-Rocker-span-Switches_SHOU-HAN-KCD11-2P-R_C5884414.html (hundreds of options just picked the first one).
Other Equipment & Products / Re: Different bases on Amscope microscope
« Last post by KE5FX on Today at 09:03:05 pm »
Any time you bump them the microscope shakes for ages.

So don't do that.
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS3000X HD and upgraded SDS1000X HD
« Last post by Martin72 on Today at 09:01:41 pm »
Speaking of scope music, I tried it briefly earlier....With ERES 16bit it's pretty cool. 8)
I have to work through next weekend, maybe I'll have more time for scope the following weekend. :P
But I took a few pictures earlier and tried out the scope music briefly.
What is noticeable so far is the very short reaction time when working through the menus.
Makes me want to try out more. ;)
Beginners / Re: Replacing SRAM IC with Flash
« Last post by xvr on Today at 09:00:07 pm »
Do not forget to add series diode to battery - lithium battery do not like when someone trying to charge it. They could blow up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next