Electronics > Power/Renewable Energy/EV's

[Solar air conditioning, ice storage] Sources for DC refrigeration compressors?

<< < (4/4)

grifftech:

--- Quote from: grifftech on August 23, 2016, 09:02:45 pm ---use a dc motor and an automotive compressor.

--- End quote ---
  :palm: I forgot to add a belt and something to mount the motor and compressor to.

johansen:

--- Quote from: Photon939 on April 29, 2016, 05:25:32 pm ---Just to add a quick update to the thread, I contacted a local solar installer and quoted me about $13K all said and done (after tax incentives) to install a 6.5KW grid tie system.

Since PA has net metering laws I can generate excess during the day and as long as I consume it all at night, get paid the full rate including distribution etc for the excess power generated during the day.

Currently looking into ways to get the cost of the system down. There is a local company in NJ selling panels at great prices ($0.60/watt) and will see if they will install them instead.

--- End quote ---

if i buy about 3 to 5 grand worth of panels, can get them for 35 to 50 cents a watt, but would have to pay for shipping. if that price includes the shipping then 60 cents a watt might be fair game, depending on how many panels you buy.

But when things are too good to be true, they usually are.

can your grid tie offer recharge batteries and operate without the grid? if not, i wouldn't bother.

the reason is simple, if the utility plus solar plus grid tie = pay off within a dozen years.. something is too good to be true, why wouldn't the utility buy their own solar panels and inverters?

ah, the tax benefits.. yes. well, screw someone else's kids with an immoral tax, deception and debt backed monetary system. anyhow, if none of that is involved, whats stopping you from getting off the grid?

johansen:

--- Quote from: grifftech on August 23, 2016, 09:02:45 pm ---use a dc motor and an automotive compressor.

--- End quote ---

bearing and seal losses.

just cut off the top of a standard single phase compressor and rewind the motor for 3 phase. (low voltage, if warranted)

several of the compressors i have torn apart had no epoxy or anything in the windings. you should be able to fit more copper in it than you pulled out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version