Author Topic: California without electricity again Solar/Wind no help  (Read 38978 times)

Offline DougSpindlerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: California without electricity again Solar/Wind no help
« Reply #400 on: November 15, 2020, 05:59:35 pm »
Silversolder
That's a big "if" though?  Strong/weak nuclear forces?  Spooky action at a distance, etc.?

There are many things we do not know and much of science is based upon a line of reason with respect to the facts we know.

The bigger and better our telescopes the more we see and what we see is in continuous motion. The more powerful our microscopes the more we see and what we see is in continuous motion. Therefore we could conclude the more we look the more we will continue to see and it will be in motion. We can never know for sure however all the evidence we have points in this direction.

If this is true then the best energy technology breakthrough would probably relate to the inherent motion of matter as a variation of fission or fusion. We know energy is in matter as atomic motion we just need to find a practical way to get it. Maybe like this...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/10/201002091029.htm
A team of University of Arkansas physicists has successfully developed a circuit capable of capturing graphene's thermal motion and converting it into an electrical current.

Is this like the nuclear battery chip which we are told can charge your cell phone for the next thousand years?  Only problem is it takes over 2 years to produce enough electricity to charge the cell phone.  Dave has a great video on it, 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 06:40:39 pm by DougSpindler »

Offline Electrodynamic

• Contributor
  • Power Engineer
« Reply #401 on: November 15, 2020, 06:53:22 pm »
Doug
Is this like the nuclear battery chip which we are told can charge your cell phone for the next thousand years?  Only problem is it takes over 2 years to produce enough electricity to charge the cell phone.  Dave has a great video on it,

The first computers weighed tons and filled a building now I have a smart phone with millions of times more computing power which also allows  global communications. I have a good feeling about this technology and all the biggest breakthroughs are coming from nanotechnology related energy systems.

This concept is basically Maxwell's Demon, harnessing thermal motion on the atomic level to produce electricity, Maxwell would be proud of how far we have come in my opinion.

Offline DougSpindlerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #402 on: December 05, 2020, 04:58:55 am »
Doug

The first computers weighed tons and filled a building now I have a smart phone with millions of times more computing power which also allows  global communications. I have a good feeling about this technology and all the biggest breakthroughs are coming from nanotechnology related energy systems.

This concept is basically Maxwell's Demon, harnessing thermal motion on the atomic level to produce electricity, Maxwell would be proud of how far we have come in my opinion.

As Dave pointed out in his video, the only problem is those pesky laws of physics.  For thousands of years people have been working on perpetual motion machines and are really close to making it reality.  If only they would have looked at the laws of physics and the math first instead of believing it could be done.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf