Electronics > Power/Renewable Energy/EV's

Electric Car Experiences

<< < (87/106) > >>

not1xor1:

--- Quote from: coppice on July 16, 2021, 07:35:45 pm ---
--- Quote from: Watth on July 16, 2021, 12:45:15 pm ---Hey, I recently got a Renault ZoƩ (For those playing at home, it's a 2017 41 kW.h Q90). For the moment, it's great ! Mostly charging at home (slow 2.2 kW) or on public chargers (22 kW).

--- End quote ---
I looked inside one of those for the first time last week. Its surprisingly roomy length wise, but uncomfortably narrow. Has it been designed that narrow to keep it's drag down, because another 100mm to 150mm of width would make it a much more comfortable car.

--- End quote ---

I got a new ZOE (R110 zen - 52kWh) last month. It is a bit wider and longer than my previous Honda Jazz but I've got the feeling that the ZOE is less roomy inside.

I've driven it for just 300kms, but so far looks great and ... eats just 12,9kWh/100km... not so hungry...  :)
I charged it just once at 230VAC 10A (Heidelberg wall box).

Now I'd like to find a solution for the proximity key security (lack of)... any idea? Enclose it in a Faraday cage ?  :)

richard.cs:
On my Zoe (2016) if you lock it with the button it disables the proximity stuff until you start the car with the key in the slot.

not1xor1:

--- Quote from: richard.cs on October 09, 2021, 09:11:18 pm ---On my Zoe (2016) if you lock it with the button it disables the proximity stuff until you start the car with the key in the slot.

--- End quote ---

The new ZOE has no button on the door handle (unless you are referring to the buttons on the key-card).
Anyway as far as I can remember one can still disable the proximity function (I've to check the manual yet).

Unless I've misunderstood that, while a proximity key hack (Relay Station Attack) requires two people and allows to start the car, cloning the open/close door code might be even simpler (but it would be more difficult to start the car).

In any case I've seen that even an aluminium foil makes the proximity key unable to open the car.
Probably the best solution depends on the circumstances.

richard.cs:

--- Quote from: not1xor1 on October 11, 2021, 08:57:57 am ---
--- Quote from: richard.cs on October 09, 2021, 09:11:18 pm ---On my Zoe (2016) if you lock it with the button it disables the proximity stuff until you start the car with the key in the slot.

--- End quote ---

The new ZOE has no button on the door handle (unless you are referring to the buttons on the key-card).
Anyway as far as I can remember one can still disable the proximity function (I've to check the manual yet).

--- End quote ---
Sorry, I wasn't very clear, on the older Zoe if you use the lock button on the remote to lock the car, it temporarily disables proximity. This is documented in the manual. On my Zoe the remote has 4 buttons and an emergency key - lock, unlock, A/C, and charge-flap.

I guess the new Zoe replaces the door handle button with some sort of capacitive touch sensor but is otherwise similar?

not1xor1:

--- Quote from: richard.cs on October 11, 2021, 09:35:31 am ---Sorry, I wasn't very clear, on the older Zoe if you use the lock button on the remote to lock the car, it temporarily disables proximity. This is documented in the manual. On my Zoe the remote has 4 buttons and an emergency key - lock, unlock, A/C, and charge-flap.

I guess the new Zoe replaces the door handle button with some sort of capacitive touch sensor but is otherwise similar?

--- End quote ---

The new remote has unlock, lock, switch on car lights, trunk-unlock buttons.
I found the manual has several errors and/or is outdated... e.g.
--- Quote ---press twice the lock button to open the car and close the windows  :-//
--- End quote ---
I've not tried yet, but that makes no sense... they probably meant close the car and the windows...
The unlock button should also work to disengage the charge cable.
I've not got enough time to test all the car features yet...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version