Electronics > Power/Renewable Energy/EV's

Electric Car Experiences

<< < (88/106) > >>

richard.cs:
I wonder if it's a translation problem, I've noticed a few of those (perverse English-language warning messages for example). Surprising for such a major manufacturer. Perhaps it's worth seeing if the French section of the manual is clearer?

not1xor1:

--- Quote from: richard.cs on October 12, 2021, 09:33:42 am ---I wonder if it's a translation problem, I've noticed a few of those (perverse English-language warning messages for example). Surprising for such a major manufacturer. Perhaps it's worth seeing if the French section of the manual is clearer?

--- End quote ---

I googled for an updated manual but there is none. Besides that I could not find any way to close the car windows when locking the car. A double press on the lock button does nothing.

I've ordered the renault burglar arlarm and rear view camera accessories. I'd better check everything and make a list of the ineffective features so when I'll bring the car to the dealer to assemble those accessories and will ask them what is wrong.

OK I got the English manual (they gave me the Italian one of course):

--- Quote ---Pressing the 4 button twice locks the
vehicle and enables the closure of the
front and rear windows (depending on
the vehicle).

--- End quote ---

so I guess my ZOE (R110 ZEN) just lacks the windows closure feature...

M0HZH:
Driving a 2021 Renault Captur E-Tech 160 now, which is a plug-in hybrid: 1.6 petrol engine, two EV motors and a 9.6kWh battery. The EV range is about 30 miles but it's quite efficient in hybrid mode, doing 50-55mpg. As a comparison, in similar scenarios my previous car (BMW 318d) did around 45mpg and the other car (BMW 335i convertible) does about 15mpg :).

Charging time is about 3 hours which is not ideal, especially as I can't charge at home and public chargers around here aren't properly managed (=most don't work).

As for it being a Renault, you can expect the typical "cheap" feel, the most frustrating being the slooooow touchscreen system. Boot space is small but at least the driving position is OK even for a big guy like me (1m97 or 6'5" for those playing along in non metric system countries).

richard.cs:

--- Quote from: M0HZH on December 15, 2021, 08:38:25 pm ---...a 9.6kWh battery. The EV range is about 30 miles...
Charging time is about 3 hours which is not ideal...

--- End quote ---
30 miles on a 9.6 kWh battery feels a little low to me, but it depends how you drive I guess. 3 hour charging would imply charging at about 3 kW? Really, not even 7 kW? That's a bit pants, fine for overnight for those people who can but as you say pretty poor for making use of public chargers.

--- Quote from: M0HZH on December 15, 2021, 08:38:25 pm ---the most frustrating being the slooooow touchscreen system.

--- End quote ---
Still?! There was me thinking the more recent Renaults would have sorted this by now.

M0HZH:
Well, the "pure EV" range of 30 miles is really urban range, as over 40mph (I think) the ICE kicks in anyway and it goes in hybrid mode. It is charging at 3.6kW unfortunately, not ideal as most public chargers around here suport 7kW. It also has a Sport mode where the ICE acts as a generator and tries to charge the battery as much as possible, even idles at considerably higher rpm.

Yes, the touchscreen still slow. It could use a major software update also, doesn't even remember important settings / preferences for different users (like mirror position, dashboard arrangement, sound settings etc), important settings are hidden or not available (like a button to mute the Satnav voice), some physical buttons don't work until the system has fully booted up etc etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version