Electronics > Power/Renewable Energy/EV's

Electric Car Experiences

<< < (89/106) > >>

Gyro:
It I don't know if Renault have been striving for cost savings or weight saving but it looks as if they have gone a little too far on the ZOE... https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2021-12-10/car-crash-tests-sees-zero-rating-for-renault-model-but-how-safe-is-your-car

M0HZH:
Euro NCAP safety ratings are extremely misleading lately. They now give points in 4 areas and the overall score is based on the worst of all 4.

Specifically, Zoe got an average score in 3 areas but only 14% for Safety Assist, because it doesn't have auto-braking, lane assist, a speed limit warning/limiter in the menus or rear passenger seatbelt reminder.

Gyro:
I agree, but deleting a critical airbag is rather dumb when the previous model scored 5 stars. https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/renault-zoe-slated-for-poor-safety-score/

Sorry, a bit of a diversion, but it triggered a memory from the news the other day. The story also seems to indicate that the (Renault owned) Dacia Spring may be the same car as the ZOE, but with that airbag retained [Edit... so some hope for a recall and retrofit].

Watth:

--- Quote from: Gyro on December 15, 2021, 10:25:06 pm ---I agree, but deleting a critical airbag is rather dumb when the previous model scored 5 stars. https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/renault-zoe-slated-for-poor-safety-score/

Sorry, a bit of a diversion, but it triggered a memory from the news the other day. The story also seems to indicate that the (Renault owned) Dacia Spring may be the same car as the ZOE, but with that airbag retained [Edit... so some hope for a recall and retrofit].

--- End quote ---
I see you scored the part about the Dacia, because having drive-tested it I can confirm these are two very different vehicles.

kaz911:

--- Quote from: DougSpindler on October 20, 2020, 01:53:51 am ---Electric chain saws work very well until you accidentally cut the power cord.  I have one for use around my property.  Prefer it over the gas one.  Electric and battery chain saws will never replace electric.  I can’t see someone 100 feet up a tree with a 100 foot extension cord.  Or your 100 feet up a tree when the battery on your chain saw dies.   Other issue with electric chain saws is I just can’t seem to find an outlet in the wooded part of my property.

Issue with a broom is the just don’t work as well or as quickly as a leaf blower.  I have an electric leaf blower and in 5 minutes I can clean an area that would take 45 minutes to sweep.  While I’m not a fan of the noisy gas powered ones, I do understand there usefulness.

--- End quote ---

I have the Milwaukee electric "garden" tools including chain saw head. It runs for about 1 to 1 1/2 hour on an old 5Ah Milwaukee battery. It has been used to prune my neighbours lovely leylandii trees hanging over my garden wall. I'm very happy with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version