Electronics > Power/Renewable Energy/EV's

Electric Car Experiences

<< < (91/99) > >>

f4eru:
Single module replacement a third party costs much less.
Tanking in gas in a diesel car can also cost 20 000 $  in repair.
A broken timing belt in a comparable high end  ICE car also.

SilverSolder:

--- Quote from: f4eru on December 20, 2021, 12:37:34 pm ---Single module replacement a third party costs much less.
Tanking in gas in a diesel car can also cost 20 000 $  in repair.
A broken timing belt in a comparable high end  ICE car also.

--- End quote ---

Dynamiting your car is definitely expensive! :D

not1xor1:

--- Quote from: Gyro on December 15, 2021, 10:03:59 pm ---It I don't know if Renault have been striving for cost savings or weight saving but it looks as if they have gone a little too far on the ZOE... https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2021-12-10/car-crash-tests-sees-zero-rating-for-renault-model-but-how-safe-is-your-car

--- End quote ---

On Saturday in the afternoon I left my new ZOE (just 3 months old) connected to a Heidelberg wallbox (at 12A). The next morning all the lights were flashing and the doors would no longer open. After pressing the key open / close buttons several times, I managed to turn off the lights and open the car, but nothing worked anymore. So I was forced to call for assistance to have it transported to the workshop. I'm afraid I won't have it back before January...  >:(

DougSpindler:
GM is having serious issues with Bolts and Volts.
Exploding batteries with the Bolt.
Shift to Park with the Volt.  Took the dealer nearly 2 months having my car for nearly 2 months before I got the car back.

aheid:
Not strictly EV related... our i3 got hit by another car in an intersection recently.

We got hit almost square on the rear wheel, so only minor damage to the body panels and rear door were visible. Not a mark on the rims. However the impact was big enough that our car got thrown a meter or so away and rotated 90 degrees in the process...

When the repair shop started repairs they noticed a crack in the carbon fiber monocoque, and with that the car written off. So now we're gonna spend xmas looking for a new car...

To make this a bit more on topic, I'll note what we really liked about the i3:

- No center console blocking driver and passenger seats. So handy when parking in tight spots to be able to easily scoot over to the passenger side to get out, for example. Also nice for putting stuff, like a purse etc.

- Physical knobs and buttons for important stuff. This is going to be a real pain point with potential candidates it seems. As an example, i just watched a video about the new Hyundai Ioniq 5, need to navigate two menus to get to a "button" on the touch screen to operate the seat warmers... wtf?! We live in Norway, seat warmer settings will be changed many times per day for at least a third of a year. Also winter = gloves and/or dry hands, neither which work particularly well with touch sensors.

- For a city car the range was all we needed. We've been on multiple holidays with it and had no issue with the range. While we'll likely get a car with a longer range, it won't be at the top of our list.

- Excellent turning radius, very practical in a city car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version