Electronics > Power/Renewable Energy/EV's

Electric Car Experiences

<< < (93/99) > >>

SilverSolder:

--- Quote from: abquke on June 04, 2022, 08:08:24 pm ---Hiya. New to forum. I got a 2020 Chevy Bolt last October and have been super happy with it. Particularly happy lately with having an EV along with household solar.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like the ideal combination! 

What kind of range are you getting?

abquke:

--- Quote from: SilverSolder on June 05, 2022, 11:26:28 am ---
Sounds like the ideal combination! 

What kind of range are you getting?

--- End quote ---

I'll charge to 80% per recall suggestion and be a tick or so the 50% mark in a week of ordinary commuting. I'm stingy with power, so mileage may literally vary.

abquke:
Or to answer more precisely. I'm quoted 280 miles on a full charge, but that's an estimate based on driving behavior.

DougSpindler:

--- Quote from: abquke on June 05, 2022, 01:39:02 pm ---Or to answer more precisely. I'm quoted 280 miles on a full charge, but that's an estimate based on driving behavior.

--- End quote ---

What about when the temperate changes?  The range on my EV drops by nearly 50% when the weather gets cold.

abquke:
Yeah definitely less when it's cold. I don't recall the figures from this past winter though. That being said, I'm in the southwest US and probably don't have "cold" winters according to a lot of the rest of the US.

Range is also affected by use of the heater or A/C too and I'm a power-stingy engineer too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version