Electronics > Power/Renewable Energy/EV's

Electric Car Experiences

<< < (107/108) > >>

BarrowBoy:
Not here to gloat. I cant. I (my wife to clarify..lol) has taken delivery of the high performance version of the Volvo EX30. Dual motor....blah blah blah. Whilst I could gloat about the fact we were one of the first to receive it , and it's the performance bargain of the century (as the saying goes, and at time of writing) if you consider it as a very hot hatchback rather than a tiny SUV.  I don't want to start a ICE vs EV event.... I can't gloat, because it's got firmware bugs that are incredibly frustrating and sometimes make me want to  jump out while it's moving. . Volvo assure me things will be fixed....and then I may gloat...be warned 

Quick she is, but being a Volvo...limited to 180km/h.  Not for the track....unless of course it can be hacked. ;D

DougSpindler:
People have been saying the same about VW software.  40% of customers are dissatisfied

Tesla by far has the best software.  Best charging network (in the states).  Rivian software is very good as well.

coppice:

--- Quote from: DougSpindler on July 10, 2024, 06:41:31 pm ---People have been saying the same about VW software.  40% of customers are dissatisfied

--- End quote ---
People keep talking about EV software, like its someone peculiar to an EV. While some of it obviously is, any modern luxury car has a lot of similar software, especially hybrids, that need to do an even more complex juggling job with how they brake and recover energy. The infotainment and driver assistance systems in modern cars are notorious for their failure rates and high cost to repair, but the software quality isn't usually a huge problem.

DougSpindler:
When the software is buggy, doesn't work, crashes and gives you shit information the software IS the problem.

coppice:

--- Quote from: DougSpindler on July 11, 2024, 05:30:35 pm ---When the software is buggy, doesn't work, crashes and gives you shit information the software IS the problem.

--- End quote ---
So, if most EVs have such terrible software, how come most people are not complaining as much about ICE cars? They are mostly made by the same people, and they are all full of software which needs to work pretty well for a safe comfortable experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version