Electronics > Power/Renewable Energy/EV's

Elon, DM me a quote for approx 100MW cost - mates rates!

(1/5) > >>

HackedFridgeMagnet:
Tesla boss Elon Musk pledges to fix SA's electricity woes in 100 days 'or free'

apparently Mike Cannon-Brookes (Atlassian Jira) tweeted him that he will take him up on the offer.

--- Quote --- @elonmusk legend! ?? You’re on mate. Give me 7 days to try sort out politics & funding. DM me a quote for approx 100MW cost - mates rates!
4:46 PM - 10 Mar 2017
--- End quote ---

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-10/tesla-boss-elon-musk-pledges-to-fix-sas-electricity-woes/8344084

:-+ for trying

:popcorn: I'll be watching

GreenHW_GUY:
yes the news is everywhere https://futurism.com/elon-musk-promises-to-solve-australias-energy-crisis-in-just-100-days/

HAL-42b:
That's how you do it.

98% showmanship + 2% actual engineering.

Most important of all - Never ever allow the press to forget you. No matter how ridiculous or unfeasible, you got to feed the press on regular basis.

HackedFridgeMagnet:

--- Quote from: HAL-42b on March 10, 2017, 08:24:10 pm ---98% showmanship + 2% actual engineering.

Most important of all - Never ever allow the press to forget you. No matter how ridiculous or unfeasible, you got to feed the press on regular basis.

--- End quote ---

2% engineering, that's a harsh call.
Is it ridiculous or unfeasible? We will find out.

In case you didn't know the spot prices for electricity in the Australian market are already ridiculous and and unfeasible.
The only ways I can see to solve this is with more grid storage or better management or more stuff on standby.

floobydust:
Kudos to Elon for offering a large-scale storage solution for electricity.
I don't think it is particularly high-tech, probably a zillion 21700 cells and inverters. Whether or not it works well and can take the crazy high-temps in Australia...

But I give him credit for at least putting something commercial out there. My balls are tiny in comparison, lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version