Electronics > Power/Renewable Energy/EV's

high power dc-dc isolated bidirectional

(1/4) > >>

madnight:
now befor anyone says anything yes i know the risks about high voltage
hi all well this is a big one here i being looking round and struggleing to find any good info on how to go about doing this
basicaly i building a ev and want to take advantage of dc fast chargeing with out the need for a larger battery
so i was thinking could i use a high power bidirectional  (oviusly isolated)
but the issues i am haveing is finding info on building one
be able to support up to 100a out put
easily intagratable with a micocontroler
i would like side A (high voltage/charger side) to be able to support a minium of 270v dc
i would like side B (lower voltage but still high/battery side) to be able to support up to 135v dc
i would like the able to alter aide A voltage in coraspondence with side B (so as batter chargeing it shows to charger a higher over all voltage)

any questions just ask

Zero999:
The basic topology is just a transformer with transistors both on the primary and secondary, which can act as an inverter or synchronous rectifier seamlessly.

Slh:
I'm sure you know the dangers but you give the vibes of someone who's trying to run before they can walk...

But anyway, some thoughts:

1) why does it need to be isolated? Both sides are dangerous and the grid is isolated by the DC charger. You could just use an interleaved buck converter.

2) 135V * 100A = 13.5kW. Do you have a couple of power supplies for developing this? New you're probably looking around £20k for the pair of new.

3) the big problem is going to be charging standards. I watched people trying to implement chadamo and CCS - not fun.

4) at this level most people use digital control and DSPs. They tend to be a bit confusing to work with.

madnight:
thank you for the infor
i have done suplys befor just nothing as powafull as this
and what would you recomend as turn ratio on the transformer

madnight:
thank you slh and i just head isolated would be better for something like this
and as far as the dc fast charge protocol gose i useing a off the shelf pre made unit (thunderstruck MCU)
and i have some powersupplys a freind gave me from a closed down busness (up to 170vdc at 50a each)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version