Author Topic: High voltage issue of Raspberry Pi 4 PSU with EU mains connector  (Read 3207 times)

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
Re: High voltage issue of Raspberry Pi 4 PSU with EU mains connector
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2024, 07:47:02 am »
If this is a problem, simply add an external ground wire to your class II equipment.

There is no way to connect ground to this PSU. It don't allows disassemble without enclosure damage and there is no ground pin on its mains connector...

Connect ground/earth to the negative output (as I wrote before). No need to open the power supply.

The following users thanked this post: Siwastaja

Offline radiolistenerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2024, 03:02:32 pm »
Connect ground/earth to the negative output (as I wrote before). No need to open the power supply.

It don't have negative output, only USB-C (on the cable which is soldered on the PSU side) which don't allows to connect ground in parallel with load.

Technically it can be done by cut off the cable and solder ground to the GND wire, but again it requires damage of the PSU integrity.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 03:07:30 pm by radiolistener »

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2024, 03:08:54 pm »

It don't have negative output, only USB-C (on the cable which is soldered on PSU side) which don't allows to connect ground in parallel with load.

Technically it can be done by cut off the cable and solder ground to the GND wire, but again it requires damage of the PSU integrity.

Cut the cable and reconnect te wires. That way you'll have access to the negative/GND wire.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf