Author Topic: My country is going to commit economic suicide ...  (Read 70230 times)

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Re: My country is going to commit economic suicide ...
« Reply #500 on: January 12, 2019, 11:08:30 pm »
The irony is that you have only managed to provide a ridiculous claim from an activist you-tube video. :palm: While you accuse others for not providing sources and ignoring facts. You have been showered in studies that you just ignore. You are obviously not interested in a honest discussion about this.
It's remarkable, isn't it? Many pages you've frustrated the discussion by systematically contesting everything, refusing to concede any point not in line with your position and flat out denying evidence or spinning its relevance. I haven't even emulated that style for a handful of posts and already you've come to the conclusion that's obviously not how a honest discussion is conducted. Imagine how patient we've been.

Let's cut the crap and have a proper discussion with some mutual respect without resorting to obstructive tactics. You seem to be reasonable enough in other discussions, so I don't see why we couldn't be here.

Offline apis

• Super Contributor
  • Hobbyist
« Reply #501 on: January 13, 2019, 09:56:25 pm »
Let's cut the crap and have a proper discussion with some mutual respect without resorting to obstructive tactics. You seem to be reasonable enough in other discussions, so I don't see why we couldn't be here.
If you want a mutually respectful discussion maybe you shouldn't begin by insulting the other party. ::)

As you said before, I don't think we will get any further, so for everyone's sake it is probably best to let it rest.

The following users thanked this post: Galenbo

Offline IanMacdonald

• Frequent Contributor
    • IWR Consultancy
« Reply #502 on: February 23, 2019, 09:22:28 pm »
Bottom line, I won't pass comment but simply direct the reader to the figures for money spent and progress so far with replacing world fossil fuel usage with wind and solar energy:

https://ourworldindata.org/renewable-energy

https://ourworldindata.org/energy-production-and-changing-energy-sources

It's said that money talks  :blah: :-DMM and sometimes I think it shows more intelligence than do humans.  :-\

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #503 on: February 23, 2019, 11:24:58 pm »
Shocking and sad, the yearly global increase/demand for energy is more than the increase of green energy sources can provide, let alone decrease traditional energy sources.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #504 on: February 24, 2019, 03:42:48 am »
If you want a mutually respectful discussion maybe you shouldn't begin by insulting the other party. ::)

As you said before, I don't think we will get any further, so for everyone's sake it is probably best to let it rest.
I didn't insult you, so please don't pretend I did. I just asked you to drop the act you weren't very patient with when reversed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf