Electronics > Power/Renewable Energy/EV's

My first invertor. Help me choose.

<< < (5/5)

gf:

--- Quote from: paulca on March 29, 2023, 12:34:25 pm ---However, it states bluntly that the device is required to have a test and compliance certificate for G98 (NI in my case).

Victron do not look like they care.  They have got their latest and greatest Multiplus-II and Quatro's certified, but there is a rumour that's as far as they are going to go, they will not certify their back catalog.

--- End quote ---

It's not only a matter of willingness. At least for Germany, the small Multiplus models are not eligible for certification, because they have only a single relay between AC input and inverter. However, German VDE-AR-N 4105 standard for anti-islanding requires two redundant relays for safety. The newer Multiplus II models have two redundant relays now and are therefore elligible for certification. I don't know whether UK regulations require redundancy, too.

Robert Smith Eco Warrior:

--- Quote from: paulca on March 29, 2023, 12:38:51 pm ---.....
The AC is generated from 25kHz PWM and then transformed up to line voltage. ........

--- End quote ---

This guy says 20kHz
https://youtu.be/UPfUn5ki7OM?t=117

paulca:

--- Quote from: Robert Smith Eco Warrior on March 29, 2023, 02:31:29 pm ---
--- Quote from: paulca on March 29, 2023, 12:38:51 pm ---.....
The AC is generated from 25kHz PWM and then transformed up to line voltage. ........

--- End quote ---

This guy says 20kHz
https://youtu.be/UPfUn5ki7OM?t=117

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the correction, I remembered it wrong, having watched that same video :)

Interesting how in it's "Eco" and search modes it can drop back to much lower switching frequencies.

I think at this stage it's up to my DNO.  I have reached out to them and regardless of the ENA requirement or not it's their choice.  They can and do approve installations which don't have the ENA cert, it's up to them.

In the meantime.  I can still run it with it's AC input disconnected.  I lose any mains backup or fall back and I can't charge the batteries from the mains, but I can still produce island power with no connection to the grid.

Just need to find a suitable 'local' earth for the island.  Cheating, darkside, just use a PE from the house.  Better use the old copper heating pipe that goes underground from the garage too the house.  Best pay a spark to put a ground rod in alone, pre-emptively for getting DNO approval or a different inverter.

I haven't dug into it enough, but there is some allowance for DIY electrical installations.  Additionally as the installation is G98 and not G99 it seems to suggest you can go ahead and do the work, even DIY, as long as the relevant engineering paperwork/application is submitted by a certified spark, after installation.  So there must be provision to pre-commission test the equipment, no?

The risk there is, something happens to the inverter in "test" mode and the DNO reply with "Denied.  Please decommission and disconnect." and Victron won't accept the used return.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version