Author Topic: Price Point of lifepo4 batterys.  (Read 19079 times)

Offline john61ct

• Regular Contributor
Re: Price Point of lifepo4 batterys.
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2019, 01:16:03 am »

For a comparison of price with L/A see here
Will Prowse is not by any stretch a technical expert.

Professional social media influencer, a year ago hardly had a clue, got schooled hard spouting off all kinds of misconceptions.

Great orientation for noobs on a budget though, and he is pretty cute.

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2019, 02:05:33 am »
Make sure everything that runs gets switched on at that time.

Can also store energy thermally.  Ex: during that hour have a bunch of electric heaters go on in winter, since the power is free just get it as warm as you can handle in the house for that hour.  Then when the hour is over your regular heat, whether it's electric or gas, won't have to run for a bit.   Could get smart with a hot water based system too to store even more heat. 

Anything like fridge, freezer etc could also be turned off automatically say, an hour before, then turn on during the free hour.  Anything that's on UPS could also be set to run on battery right before the power is free.  I suppose every little bit could help and it would essentially be free to do this.

Crossed my mind to get battery storage though to store power off peak and then run off batteries on peak.  But reality is, the usage is not really the expensive part of the hydro bill, it's all the fixed fees.  So reducing usage in one way or the other hardly does anything. 

Offline NorthGuy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2019, 02:28:26 pm »
Anyone got recommendations for storing 8kWh over a 1 hour period?

I want to dump 35A at mains voltage (220V) into a battery for 8kWh of storage and only have 1 hour to do it.

You see, I get 1 hour of free power every day from my power company  :-DD

After you get the batteries, add solar panels and enjoy 24 free hours every day :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf