Electronics > Power/Renewable Energy/EV's

Wanted, MPPT inverter that will keep running and just lower AC output voltage.

(1/10) > >>

Psi:
Solar inverter question I'm hoping someone can answer.

I just got 1kW of solar panels (2x 545w 50V panels), but for my application I want the MPPT inverter to keep running even if the input (solar output) cannot handle the load current. In this case the inverter should keep dropping the AC output voltage until it can handle the load. (The load is resistive, so it wont care).

Normally a feature like this would be bad because you want the output to be within the range 220-240VAC or whatever, and the inverter should shut off if it cannot maintain this.   But I want it to keep running down to maybe 80VAC.

Does this have a term or feature name that I can search for to find inverters that can be setup like this?

Thanks.

fourtytwo42:
I don't think there is a product as you describe it.
However if this is a solar water heater project ? there are many solutions depending upon your DIY electronics skills.
What is the rating plate data of your heater (volts, Kw) ?

mikeselectricstuff:
One reason this doesn't exist is that if anything is connected to the inverter which has a switchmode PSU, its input current will increase as voltage decreases, so things will get unstable.

tszaboo:
Do you want to run something in an island operation? Like a big water boiler separate from the grid?

Psi:

--- Quote from: tszaboo on June 03, 2023, 10:18:08 am ---Do you want to run something in an island operation? Like a big water boiler separate from the grid?

--- End quote ---

yes, exactly, i was going to wire it up to a hot water cylinder and see if I can get away with running it from solar alone.
Or at least getting as much solar energy into the water as I can during sunshine hours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version