Author Topic: Hyperway  (Read 1936 times)

Offline MonaTopic starter

Hyperway
« on: January 21, 2019, 09:56:33 pm »
Hi there,
I was looking at some videos about the current transport system ideas that might be interesting for our future. When I saw your debunking stuff about solar roadways, I came up with the Idea of Hyperway for inner-cities:

I thought about an engine which is designed like a stairway or so.
its smog- and noise-free
for inner-cities
and moves with about 3-4 km/h

Could you imagine to live in a decelerated world like this?
Would you like to live in a city without stinking cars?
Attached you can find a picture.

I am very excited about your thoughts about the Hyperway drawing. Is there anyone familiar with engine development of moving stairs?
sorry for the bad translation of the image  :)

Please leave your Ideas below
cheers

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Re: Hyperway
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 10:44:21 pm »
That's a nice drawing, but now do one at winter time, something like what is happening now on the east coast of the US.
Alex

Offline chickenHeadKnob

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 10:59:52 pm »
You may be interested in the science fiction writer Heinlein' Roads
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Roads_Must_Roll

Heinlein developed the idea to effect highspeed transport with parallel conveyor belts that increased in moving speed. It required some agility but adjacent belts only differed in manageable speed differences :-DD

Heinlein's vision of a Road, always capitalized, was a fully enclosed slidewalk or multi-speed conveyor belt whose cargo was people and freight, stretching from city to city, and operating at maximum speeds of 100 miles per hour. The speed difference between any two adjacent belts was 5 miles per hour, small enough to let people step from one to another with care. Partitions along the length of every fourth belt prevented the buildup of high winds. Long distance travelers had to step all the way to the innermost, fastest belt.

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 11:06:01 pm »
Just imagine what a nightmare  would the maintenance be on this kind of a road. We barley manage to maintain asphalt surface, and you are proposing to replace asphalt with mechanical devices.
Alex

Online ahbushnell

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 11:49:48 pm »
Hi there,
I was looking at some videos about the current transport system ideas that might be interesting for our future. When I saw your debunking stuff about solar roadways, I came up with the Idea of Hyperway for inner-cities:

I thought about an engine which is designed like a stairway or so.
its smog- and noise-free
for inner-cities
and moves with about 3-4 km/h

Could you imagine to live in a decelerated world like this?
Would you like to live in a city without stinking cars?
Attached you can find a picture.

I am very excited about your thoughts about the Hyperway drawing. Is there anyone familiar with engine development of moving stairs?
sorry for the bad translation of the image  :)

Please leave your Ideas below
cheers
Impressive drawing. 

Offline MonaTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 01:46:03 pm »
Thank you all so much for your awesome feedback for Hyperway! ♡

We could add a roof over the whole thing, that provides the Hyperway being exposed to extreme weather conditions. The roof could be covered with abjustable solar panels over the entire lenght to increase energy generating.
I think it needs more maintenance than a roadway, but maybe it could be more cost-efficient than a subway system or so.

I really loved the recommended science fiction story above! Its impressive that people already had this idea such a long time ago! In a city without any public transport systems available yet, we could test a project like this for the first time and compare it to traditional systems.

Of course I will do another drawing scene in wintertime ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf