Author Topic: The latest fad in SMPS's....Planar transformers?  (Read 3535 times)

Offline pardo-bsso

• Regular Contributor
Re: The latest fad in SMPS's....Planar transformers?
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2022, 05:16:16 pm »
Interconnection from inverter modules (IGBTs) was dick-sized litz cable from NEWT.  (Yes, well, it just happens to be the nearest sized piece of anatomy. And given the soft flexible vinyl jacket, about as flexible as one -- well, take that whichever way you wish to take it...  >:D :-DD )
Tim

Hey, I remember some time ago you posted almost the same answer. And it gave us here a very good chuckle.

Thanks again :)

The following users thanked this post: Faringdon

Offline FaringdonTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: The latest fad in SMPS's....Planar transformers?
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2022, 12:40:55 pm »
Hi,
We got a planar txformer done for push-pull 24vin 32vout 300w 225khz, split sec.

They gave us a spec of 1.2uH (as attached) for pri:sec leakage L.
But over the phone have said its actually 100nH.

But do you think we are being pinickity to ask for the leakage L between both halves of the primary too? (ie short one primary half, and measure the inductance at the other primary half.)
Or is it just taken as wrote that Planar designers make this vanishingly small.?

Why do you think they did not give this inter-primary leakage figure? (attached only shows pri:sec leakage L)...i mean, they know its for a pushpull use.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 03:57:11 pm by Faringdon »
'Perfection' is the enemy of 'perfectly satisfactory'

Online xavier60

• Super Contributor
HP 54645A dso, Fluke 87V dmm,  Agilent U8002A psu,  FY6600 function gen,  Brymen BM857S, HAKKO FM-204, New! HAKKO FX-971.

The following users thanked this post: Faringdon

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf