No I don't care
4 (8%)
I look at the GTI LCD occasionally
5 (10%)
I look at the GTI display often
4 (8%)
I look at the GTI display even after dark
4 (8%)
I have solar, no GTI and I keep records (like Mike)
4 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: UK solar doldrums  (Read 22550 times)

Offline fourtytwo42

• Frequent Contributor
  • Interested in all things green/ECO
Re: UK solar doldrums
« Reply #275 on: January 18, 2019, 08:21:45 am »
Hi Paul it's really great to hear that your battery is ok after all, today was a day of surplus for me getting 1.5Kwh from my 1Kw array, I could have got more but I ran out of load, hot water full, de-humidifier on and freezers on but I still could not absorb it all so you see I am thinking BATTERY (one day)!

As for confusing technology tell me about it, I blew another IRS2110 half bridge driver today yet not the mosfets I hope all because I suspect a PIC is not terminating the current cycle on overcurrent, very hard to prove without further losses, so although your system and problems are at a very high level I can assure you even at the coalface life remains confusing!

I think you are from Ireland, I spent a lot of time there inside steam engine boilers at Whitehead, I hope the RPSI is still going strong and entertaining families with the Portrush flyer :)

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2019, 10:02:49 pm »
Not sure about the RPSI but they have opened a train museum in Downpatrick where they collect old trains and have about half a mile of line to run them on.

I live just across from Whitehead in North Down.
"What could possibly go wrong?"
Current Open Projects:  3 Channel Audio mixer with DAC, BT, pre-amps and h/phone amp, WS281x LED controller Version 2 5V/5A w/Atmega328, FY6600 Power supply, 5A DC Load (Still!)

Offline fourtytwo42

• Frequent Contributor
  • Interested in all things green/ECO
« Reply #277 on: March 03, 2019, 04:22:06 am »
Not sure about the RPSI but they have opened a train museum in Downpatrick where they collect old trains and have about half a mile of line to run them on.
I live just across from Whitehead in North Down.
I am sooo jealous :'( many is the time I have been down there lighting up at 4am! You must be able to see, smell and hear them hahaha but I must admit most of the big trains for tours were stabled overnight in Belfast the night before the off.

Anyway an update covering the last three years up till the end of last month from my tiny 1Kw array here in the dull UK! 52deg North. This is predominantly a water heating system but during 2018 a GTI was added (export inhibited) to use some of the surplus in the house, this improved the utilization in summer 2018 compared with 2017. There are several outages due to experimentation and uhum magic smoke emissions :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf