Author Topic: TEKTRONIX 2215 Issue  (Read 7998 times)

Offline KidonTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: TEKTRONIX 2215 Issue
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2020, 08:01:34 am »
You have the wrong service manual.
Or one that is not new enough.
Check this:

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

I think I do have the right Service Manual.  Your first picture is in it, but in section 5-5, and the second in section 5-4.  It still doesn’t make sense to me that the manual says both these things, but only one is doable because R952 is just not there...
The main difference between an amateur and a pro is that the pro also makes mistakes, but knows how to fix them.

Offline Per Hansson

• Supporter
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2020, 08:52:06 am »
What I meant is you do not have R952 because your unit has the external preregulator board A18 (43VDC power supply)
Therefore your unit does not have potentiometer R952, that will only be there if the unit has the current limit board A19.
And what it says in that change notification I posted is to skip that section that speaks about R952 if you have the preregulator board.
I posted some pics below of me doing the SUP3010 mod of my unit, I never think I posted these before.
It is funny because the very next picture in the series from the camera is the repair of the preregulator board, as I wrote in my previous post :palm:

The following users thanked this post: Kidon

Offline KidonTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2020, 06:13:51 pm »
What I meant is you do not have R952 because your unit has the external preregulator board A18 (43VDC power supply)
Therefore your unit does not have potentiometer R952, that will only be there if the unit has the current limit board A19.
And what it says in that change notification I posted is to skip that section that speaks about R952 if you have the preregulator board.
I posted some pics below of me doing the SUP3010 mod of my unit, I never think I posted these before.
It is funny because the very next picture in the series from the camera is the repair of the preregulator board, as I wrote in my previous post :palm:

I got it.

I did everything by the book and adjusted the grid bias, and it was indeed a bit off.
I didn’t check the +4.3v again, but I guess it should be better (hopefully).

I also followed almost all the calibration procedures, and it looks to be just fine now.

Thank You again for your time and patience.

PS:  I’m now struggling with the calibration of my 2235.  I’ve been trying to calibrate the horizontal amp for 3 days without success.  But I will start a new post about it if I can’t figure it out.

Thank you again for everything.
The main difference between an amateur and a pro is that the pro also makes mistakes, but knows how to fix them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf