Author Topic: 2465B feet  (Read 361 times)

Offline jonpaul

• Regular Contributor
2465B feet
« on: August 23, 2019, 08:49:02 am »
Hello all: restoring a 2465B TEK scope that is missing the front and rear feet:

2 pcs foot bottom front plastic 348-0740-00
2 pcs foot cabinet cord wrap 348-0729-01

Also missing the  special TORX - 15 screws.

I looked on the Qservice website but these seem out of stock.

If anyone has some or is parting out a junker unit, I will appreciate!

MANY THANKS!

Jon
Jon Paul

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. NZ Siglent Distributor
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: 2465B feet
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 08:58:15 am »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline jonpaul

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 09:42:12 am »
Hello all,

I did contact Sphere in Canada no response so far.
The 3D process can reproduce shapes but the materials are always inferior to the original material, due to the 3D process.

Finally a kind TEKer in EU has found them and is sending to me via post.

Many thanks for your replies!
Bon journee,

Jon
Jon Paul

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 03:24:52 pm »
The 3D process can reproduce shapes but the materials are always inferior to the original material, due to the 3D process.

That depends on the original material and the 3d printed material and the process and the shape.

Brass is brass, Ti is Ti, unless you are after very specific material properties. If I had to replace feet, I would try one of the nylons.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 09:06:51 pm »

Not the case, especially when you're comparing them to the aged original plastics which have become brittle.  Not like any stock of Tek analog scope parts is going to be younger than 20 years, even if it's been stored out of the sun.  There are certainly weaker parts, materials, and printing configurations that aren't optimized well for strength, but making a part as strong as (or stronger than) the original is entirely possible, especially if you look at PETG, Polycarbonate, or Nylon.  I have printed parts in ABS that are more durable than the part they replace and fit the same way and have had good luck building durable replacements for quite a few instruments.

As for the original question, have you tried ebay or other second-hand sources?  Provided the parts are in decent cosmetic shape, they should be as durable as a stored new old stock part.  I'd also replace the screws with non-specialty varieties if it were me, though T15 screws shouldn't be too bad to come by with an online supplier (though no hardware store near me would bother stocking them, so I'd just go with a phillips head of the same size/thread).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf