Author Topic: 8595e spectrum analyzer weird error  (Read 2374 times)

Offline dummyengTopic starter

8595e spectrum analyzer weird error
« on: January 05, 2017, 02:28:43 pm »
Hi
it has this error and when i press any keys nothing happen
i measured pin 54 on the A16J1 it has 5 volt
i dont know what i should to do

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:39:42 pm by dummyeng »

Offline metrol12

Re: 8595e spectrum analyzer weird error
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 05:11:43 pm »
If I remember my error codes, that means in the power up routine either the KBD interface did not have communication or memory failure.

The following users thanked this post: dummyeng

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 06:04:30 pm »
If I remember my error codes, that means in the power up routine either the KBD interface did not have communication or memory failure.
i read all manual and i couldnt find this error code (service guide and clip and programmer guide)
after i open and closed several times my error change
first time i didnt have any fail error and if i pressed key they response me, but i have last picture error and nothing happen when i press them     
for example when i preesed frequency i went to that item but i couldnt change frequency   i opened it and i push connector then i turn it on and it worked correctly then i closed it. after several hour my error changed to last picture + fail error
i opened my spectrum and when it was open i turned it on and worked properly
when i wanted to closed it and when i closed rear frame screw again this error appear
sometimes my fail error change to 0008 0000000000   
last time i hit it with my hand from side and error remain all the time !!!

Offline MarkL

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 12:23:19 am »
What is the history with this piece of equipment?  Was it ever working in your possession?

Those words at the top are code from the ROM that should be executed internally.  Does this always appear?  It seems to be dredging this up from the ROM:

KH'SPECTRUM|ANALYZER',,BITF1,MODE;

I think the processor is not operating properly.  Since the analyzer works some of the time when the cover is off, I would start by reseating the EPROMs and looking for other mechanical issues.  Perhaps the SRAM board connector is having problems.

Gently pushing on parts or flexing the processor board and SRAM card with a non-conductive stick may help you locate the problem.

Although less likely, it could also be heat related.  When you put the cover on something gets too hot and fails.  Heating or cooling areas with a heat gun or freeze spray may provide some clues.

Have you worked through the section "Troubleshooting the A16 Processor/Video Board Assembly" in the service manual?

Check all the power supply lines in "Problems at Instrument Power-Up".  Besides the voltage, check for unusual ripple with a scope on each supply rail.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 04:04:04 am »
Does GPIB SRQ 140 give any clues ?
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 06:50:11 am »
What is the history with this piece of equipment?  Was it ever working in your possession?

Those words at the top are code from the ROM that should be executed internally.  Does this always appear?  It seems to be dredging this up from the ROM:

KH'SPECTRUM|ANALYZER',,BITF1,MODE;

I think the processor is not operating properly.  Since the analyzer works some of the time when the cover is off, I would start by reseating the EPROMs and looking for other mechanical issues.  Perhaps the SRAM board connector is having problems.

Gently pushing on parts or flexing the processor board and SRAM card with a non-conductive stick may help you locate the problem.

Although less likely, it could also be heat related.  When you put the cover on something gets too hot and fails.  Heating or cooling areas with a heat gun or freeze spray may provide some clues.

Have you worked through the section "Troubleshooting the A16 Processor/Video Board Assembly" in the service manual?

Check all the power supply lines in "Problems at Instrument Power-Up".  Besides the voltage, check for unusual ripple with a scope on each supply rail.
i dont know where is sram board i searched for it but i couldnt find it
there are 4 ic u7 u6 u23 u24 rom
so i will try with them with non-conductive stick and push them in ic socket

i maybe eliminate battery and all their data be clear . is it ok?

its not about heat because i turn it on when it was very cold but this error was there

i should read  "Troubleshooting the A16 Processor/Video Board Assembly" again.

do you think i can work on processor board without counter lock? can i eliminate counter lock when spectrum is turn on? it is hard to get voltage when counter lock board is here.

my psu work properly because i have 8591l and change their psu but this error was there

Does GPIB SRQ 140 give any clues ?

i think it isnt important because it is only option error that manual mention it

"The GDRVCLPAR command is a gate utility function (see “GDRVUTIL” for more information
about the gate utility functions). Executing a gate utility command without Option 105
installed in the spectrum analyzer generates the COMMAND ERROR: message and an SRQ 140."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:56:03 am by dummyeng »

Offline MarkL

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 08:03:50 pm »
i dont know where is sram board i searched for it but i couldnt find it
See below on the location on my unit.  Perhaps you have a different processor board?  A picture of what you have would be useful.

i maybe eliminate battery and all their data be clear . is it ok?
You're seeing intermittent operation, so I doubt that would help.  If anything, you could try "DISPOSE USER MEM" to see if that improves anything or gets rid of the odd message at the top.

But before you do anything else, you should get the analyzer working enough to follow the procedure to backup your cal constants, as described in chapter 3 of the Assembly Level Repair manual.  If you remove the battery you will lose the calibration.

do you think i can work on processor board without counter lock? can i eliminate counter lock when spectrum is turn on? it is hard to get voltage when counter lock board is here.
You should be able to hold it up and out of the way while you read the voltage test points.  The idea is to keep the counter lock powered up while you're check the voltages in case it's pulling down one of the rails.

The analyzer should run fine without the counter lock, at least until you try to use it (via MKR COUNT).  Give it a try without the counter lock after checking voltages with the counter lock.  It will certainly make poking at the processor board easier if it's not in the way.

EDIT: Minor clarification: If you remove the battery, you don't lose the cal constants and other NV data immediately.  There is a super-cap that keeps the SRAM powered for up to 8 hours.  This is designed this way so you can replace the battery without losing the SRAM contents.  If you *really* want to clear the SRAM, remove the battery and short the super-cap.  But make sure you've backed up the cal constants and any other data you might want first.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 09:22:19 pm by MarkL »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf