Author Topic: Acer projector P5530 Model D1P1704  (Read 172 times)

Offline miette_KruemelchenTopic starter

Acer projector P5530 Model D1P1704
« on: April 22, 2024, 07:09:15 pm »
Hello members of the EEVblog Electronics Community Forums,

I'm in need of a service manual for an Acer projector. Specifically, it's the Acer projector P5530 Model D1P1704. I urgently require the service manual or at least a helpful tip for further troubleshooting.

Issue: The device powers on, but the projector lamp does not light up. After a while, the LED indicator on the lamp display starts blinking.

Previous actions taken: The lamp has already been replaced, but with no success. The two fans inside the device are running properly. The issue may lie within the power board. The N-channel MOSFETs on it have been tested and are in good condition. Unfortunately, everything is already assembled, so I'm unable to conduct further tests at the moment. Therefore, a service manual would be extremely helpful. Alternatively, can anyone provide a tip on how to check the power board without the mainboard?

Who could assist me with this? Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Sven

Offline MathWizard

• Super Contributor
Re: Acer projector P5530 Model D1P1704
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 07:18:18 am »
Here's some LED codes from a manual. If this thing is pretty new, you probably won't find a schematic. IDK what voltages the 240W bulb uses, but there's probably not very many voltage rails to check, if it's already running.

From the pic's I'd guess there's a boost stage like to 340V maybe, and then another stage or 2 for driving the lamp.

And the little transformer on the far left might be for 5V standby, or 5/12V for all the circuits outside the PSU. If I had this to work on, I'd make my own schematic in LTSpice, but yeah it takes time.

I'd look up all those chips on the PSU, see if they have Vcc, and if any of them have an ENABLE pin, or a power-good pin. Pretty much all those controller chips will be checking for under-voltage/over-voltge, over-current, and might be shutting down.

There could be some power problem on the other boards, you can check for shorts on some other boards. And there could be a logic signal coming back to the PSU saying to not drive the light.

If I knew the low voltage rails to the rest of the machine, I'd even try powering that from some modem or cablebox PSU, or benchPSU if you have one, just to measure the current draw.

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Document/User%20Manual/User%20Manual_Acer_1.0_A_A.pdf?acerid=636595271962374228

Offline miette_KruemelchenTopic starter

Re: Acer projector P5530 Model D1P1704
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 07:00:25 am »
Hello MathWizard,

I want to express my sincere gratitude for your prompt and helpful response to my post. It means a great deal to me that you took the time to assist me further.

I will definitely take your advice to heart and endeavor to create a circuit diagram using KiCad to identify potential sources of error.

Once again, thank you very much for the valuable insights you proposed in your forum post. I truly appreciate your assistance!

Best regards,

Sven

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf