Electronics > Repair

Advantest R3463 trouble

(1/8) > >>

Maurizio1957:
Hi all, what do you think about a R3463 spectrum analyzer that does not start until 24 - 48 hours have passed since the last start? (excluding 'when it starts do not turn it off' :-DD ) It loads the files but the screen remains stuck on the Advantest logo...
Cheers Maurizio

Maurizio1957:
  Preface: i'm not an electronic professional, i'm just a hobbyist .
A year ago an electronic engineer friend of mine gave me a lot of non-working equipment,
telling me "repairs too expensive, use them to make parts ..." including: HP 8753C (zero signal output
and keyboard not working: repaired with new YIG oscillator and keyboard rebuild) and Advantest R3463 (" don't start").
I have checked the voltages of the power supply and they are ok; I have opened all the boards and there is no visible damage;
before replacing all SMD electrolytic capacitors i took one apart and tested with ESR meter, and it looks good ...
it starts every now and then only when it has been turned off for 1 - 2 days, and then it seems to work ...
is there anyone who has had similar experiences?
Tnx, Maurizio

rainbow:
A very lucky guy to get an HP 8753C for free ;-)

First step, get the documentation:
- for the R3463 there is only the Operation Manual https://xdevs.com/doc/Advantest/R3265A/ADV%20R3463%2C%20R3465%20Series%20Operation.pdf
- but many circuits/boards are the same of the R3265 which have the fully service manual. Get it at https://xdevs.com/doc/Advantest/R3265A/

Second step, fix the power-on intermittent issue:
- disconnect the power supply from the board and check it with DC load or power resistors. You should load the power supply at half the power at least.
- if the power supply is working fine you need to move to the dc/dc circuits on the boards.
- check if there is some back signal to the power supply that disable it to start
- check all DC/DC circuits with an external power supply (regulating voltage/current)

When you have resolved the power issue you can move on. Many of the Advantest's spectrum analyzer of those years have issues with compact flash and battery.

Maurizio1957:
Hi rainbow, thanks for the reply! I downloaded everything and now I have something to read ...
I believe the power supply is working, the voltages are in order, I have measured the output currents with a DC clamp and they are 'reasonable', I have started to test the electrolytics on the outputs of the power supply and (for now) they are ok ...
Thanks again, Maurizio

rainbow:
Try to understand which power line (5V, 12V, ecc.) doesn't power up or if there is some low resistance on the line voltage when doesn't power up.
Good luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version