Author Topic: Agilent DSO 6032A KEYPAD NOT WORKING  (Read 592 times)

Offline super_electronTopic starter

• Contributor
Agilent DSO 6032A KEYPAD NOT WORKING
« on: April 08, 2021, 04:40:13 am »
I have Agilent dso 6032A with strange problem. After power ON none of the keys on the front panel respond. The following things has been already tried.Any insight to this issue and help will be greatly appreciated.
- The scope is fully controllable using eathernet and the web browser.
- The voltages on the keyboard PCB seems to be in range.
- Tried a different keypad ribbon cable without any success.
- No other issues with the scope. Using web browser both channels read correct voltage and the frequency from the input signals.  :-//
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 03:37:00 am by super_electron »

Offline Teichhermelin

• Regular Contributor
Re: Agilent DSO 6032A KEYPAD NOT WORKING
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 09:32:22 pm »
Take a look at the foil cable. It could be that it broke at the kink. Wouldn't be the first device where this appears.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 01:50:32 am »
What foil cable ? If you mean ribbon cable then I already have tried swapping with one from a different scope but the result were the same (none of the rubber push button key on the front panel work.
I did notice one of the filter cap on the ribbon cable connector on the main mother board have unusually low resistance (55 Ohms) compare to the others which are in couple of kilo Ohms range. Pictures are attached.
- Does anyone have the pinout of the ribbon cable connector (j2602)on the main board.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 01:54:45 am by super_electron »

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 03:28:19 am »
Some more updates on the debugging efforts on this issue. I was able to compare the front panel keypad interface of the DSO6032A with a know good DSO6054A. All the voltage level seems to match except the 2 pins highlighted in the picture. 2V7 on a 3V3 logic level interface does seems to indicate a hardware issue. Not sure what this signal are ? I have not been able to trace them to back to the component generating these signals. Any help identifying these 2 pins in the pictures will be greatly appreciated. Even a system level blockdigram will be very helpful.

Offline KE5FX

• Super Contributor
    • KE5FX.COM
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 03:43:23 am »
Good chance one of those tantalum caps is shorted.  You've checked them all?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf