Author Topic: Agilent E3631A strange output behavior  (Read 8499 times)

Offline alex.forencichTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Alex Forencich
Re: Agilent E3631A strange output behavior
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2014, 05:57:15 am »
Well, it seems like all of the traces and footprints are there to support the rev 1 style switching.  Seems like the A pin should just be tied to analog ground so it doesn't go floating away.  I'm actually not sure what that signal is for, I tried tying it to 5v and that turns off the +6 and -25, but sends the +25 to +40.  Perhaps some sort of offset or zero correction?

Anyway, can you possibly get me the component values for R35, R70, R71, R102, R104, R015, R121, and CR27?  These seem to be all of the DNP components that carried over from rev 1.  Thanks!
Python-based instrument control: Python IVI, Python VXI-11, Python USBTMC

• Frequent Contributor
    • Alex Forencich
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2014, 08:25:30 am »
I shorted the op amp input pin to GND and the drift issue seems to be significantly reduced. There still seems to be a little bit of drift, but it is much less than before.  Now, only the output switching needs to be fixed. 

The only diodes on the board in SOT-23 appear to be BAS16 (single) and BAV99 (dual in series).  The CR27 footprint has one pin NC, so I presume it is a BAS16.  If I can get the values for the missing resistors, then I can get those ordered and installed and hopefully get this thing working correctly. 

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 12:17:16 pm »
Ill scan the manual today and post it
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

• Frequent Contributor
    • Alex Forencich
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 05:38:48 am »
Any news on this?  I just need the values of R35, R70, R71, R102, R104, R015, R121, and CR27 as these are unpopulated on my board -- I believe these are components that need to be installed to get the output switching working correctly.  It's possible the component identifiers are different between the two versions, though. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf