Author Topic: Agilent E4402B Spectrum Analyser no 10Mhz reference output on rear connectors  (Read 982 times)

Offline djsbTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
I have retrieved an Agilent E4402B spectrum analyser from a skip. I have no 10Mhz reference (should be 0dB) signal on the rear BNC connector only a low frequency low amplitude sine wave (there is a 10MHz external input next to it as well). Also there appears to be a 10Mhz high stability output socket as well (Option ?????) but no output on that BNC socket either.
The instrument seems to work OK but it's frequency accuracy seems a bit off and it probably hasn't been calibrated in a while. I've just fitted a new internal battery/crystal and now the Real time clock and date is OK.
I have a service manual but don't know how to narrow down the problem or if it can even be fixed. Not sure if the 10 Meg clock ref output is always meant to be available on the rear outputs or if it needs to be switched on. Can anyone suggest where I should look for clues? Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 08:54:13 pm by djsb »
David
Hertfordshire,UK
University Electronics Technician, London PIC,CCS C,Arduino,Kicad, Altium Designer,LPKF S103,S62 Operator, Electronics instructor. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Credited Kicad French to English translator.

Offline orbanp

• Regular Contributor
Hi David,

Here is a service guide for that family of SAs, in case this is not the one you have:
https://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/E4401-90474.pdf?id=2439413

Good luck, Peter
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 03:33:41 pm by orbanp »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf