Author Topic: Agilent Infiniium MSO8104A need help - Solved  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Mike112Topic starter

Agilent Infiniium MSO8104A need help - Solved
« on: May 24, 2019, 01:42:34 pm »
Hi, I was recently given an agilent infiniium MSO8104A scope that is having some issues. When the scope powers up all of the front leds and fans come on and that is about it. The screen stays off and the unit constantly beeps about every 3 seconds. I think its getting stuck passing POST? I have checked the power supply and everything seems to be normal except the post labeled +/- 12.5 have +/-12.1 respectively, I think that is normal? Is this scope worth spending some time on or is it gone?

Thank you!

Fixed: After reseating RAM and CPU scope turned on but gave errors, see below. Updated the drivers, IVI shared components and IO library. One of them failed to install but upon trying to install a second time worked just fine. Restarted scope and still had the same errors. Updated to the newest version of Infiniium, also failed to install the first time, worked the second time trying to install. Newest version of Infiniium took away both errors, scope is up and working great now.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 01:34:33 pm by Mike112 »

Offline dzseki

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Agilent Infiniium MSO8104A need help
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 03:20:31 pm »
The beeps you noted are often the sign for problem with the RAM on the motherboard, try to reseat them.
HP 1720A scope with HP 1120A probe, EMG 12563 pulse generator, EMG 1257 function generator, EMG 1172B signal generator, MEV TR-1660C bench multimeter

Offline Mike112Topic starter

Re: Agilent Infiniium MSO8104A need help
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 02:59:13 pm »
Update

Thanks! I pulled the ram and reseated them, seems to do the trick. The scope started up with out a problem after that but is giving two new errors once in windows.

"The scope vxd is not registered or is out of date" and "Can't register application with acquisition interface board" given by the Infiniium app.

I am thinking this is driver related and could just need an update of the software? Maybe something got unplugged? I also noticed that some of the LEDs are not lit on the front of the panel, others stay lit constantly while the scope is on and wont turn off. The scope would immediately fail a self test and crash infiniium. From what I could tell every knob was working. Could this just be software related?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf