Electronics > Repair

Agilent OmniBER 718 repair

(1/1)

Rachie5272:
I recently obtained an Agilent OmniBER 718 Communications Performance Analyzer from a university sale.  Unfortunately, it failed the smoke test.  As soon as I flipped the power switch, I heard a snap, and a bunch of relays started clicking madly.  I turned it off immediately, and was greeted with the lovely smell of burning electronics.

My first course of action would be to isolate and test the power supply, but I can't figure out how to access it.  It's fairly easy to remove the individual interface cards, but the power supply seems to be built into the frame.  I removed dozens of screws, and it still won't come out.

I can't find a service manual, so I'm stuck.  I'd rather not remove every single screw just to get at the PSU, and I'm afraid to turn it on again and cause further damage.  Can anyone help?

Curiously, it has a neat little "computer" module in it running the OS.  It uses a compact flash card and a couple SIMMs.  What's really strange is there's a second RJ45 jack which is completely inaccessible without removing the module.  It will be interesting to investigate if I get it working again.

rjyousey:
If you still need help with this we have a lot of parts units and working units.  contact 908-328-3663, randy

echen1024:

--- Quote from: rjyousey on December 29, 2013, 05:53:11 pm ---If you still need help with this we have a lot of parts units and working units.  contact 908-328-3663, randy

--- End quote ---
What sort of test equipment (broken) do you have?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version