Author Topic: (SOLVED)Amprobe HD160C DMM--- Looking for the service manual.  (Read 441 times)

Offline PaceguyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I have two Amprobe HD160C's to repair. One show ERR on AC function, and the other shows open on C & F temp ranges even with thermocouple connected. Does anyone know where I can find the service manual and schematics? I found the operators manaul online, but there is no service info there. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 10:27:01 am by Paceguy »

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
Re: Amprobe HD160C DMM--- Looking for the service manual.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2024, 06:35:19 pm »
I have two Amprobe HD160C's to repair. One show ERR on AC function, and the other shows open on C & F temp ranges even with thermocouple connected. Does anyone know where I can find the service manual and schematics? I found the operators manaul online, but there is no service info there. Thanks in advance!

I asked Amprobe for the service manual for the HD160B recently (for the calibration and adjustments procedure), but no response yet  :-\

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2024, 08:17:58 pm »
Me too, I sent them an email about purchasing those small screws and battery compartment gasket for the HD160C. No answer. Not surprised, they are part of Fluke now. Fluke also is not too good at supporting their older products. It's kind of dishartening to see a major test equipment company treat the owners of their products in such a manner, really makes one think twice about buying their products in the future.

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2024, 12:48:15 am »
I wonder if Fluke tech support has any documentation on those meters ? since it look like they are absorbing Amprobe.

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2024, 02:27:00 pm »
@Paceguy send your request to info@amprobe.com. Got someone from Fluke answering this morning.

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2024, 03:14:32 pm »
They sent me the calibration procedure for the HD160C. The document mention "1.Err" and "2.Err" being related to bad calibration of a particular mode.

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 10:57:05 am »
Thank You Kosmic, I will go thru the entire cal proceedure, it could be out of cal according to the final note,  since it's 1Err that I'm getting on the AC setting and 3Err was first showing on the current ranges. Thanks again!

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2024, 10:25:13 am »
Thanks again Kosmic. To anyone who have Amprob HD160C's that display error codes 1 & 2. Proper calibration resolves the problem. I calibrated one of the ones that I have and all is good now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf