Author Topic: Anritsu/Wiltron 541xxA scalar analyser repair - schematics wtd  (Read 1307 times)

Offline gab_auTopic starter

• Contributor
Hi all,
I'm attempting to repair a Wiltron 54107A scalar analyser. The backup battery has cooked on the CPU board ( a common fault with these I believe). By the time I received it the fan had blown the acid and fumes around the unit and the CPU board has significant damage and it's a multilayer board!

There are ICs missing legs which are easy to address. There are also missing tracks and pads, which are also easy to address. The big problem is there are a number of vias that are also damaged - and some of them are for internal layers - not so easy to fix!

The only way I'm going to repair this is with access to the schematics for the CPU board.

A long shot but ..... would anyone have a service clip for the 541xxA analyser and willing to share, or at least a schematic for the CPU board?

Thanks
Greg

Apologies if this posts twice - the submit form got stuck for some reason.

Offline metrologist

• Super Contributor
Re: Anritsu/Wiltron 541xxA scalar analyser repair - schematics wtd
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 02:21:57 pm »
You have seen the product page and there is a MM in the library tab (no schematics there).
https://www.anritsu.com/en-us/test-measurement/products/54100a

What is the board number? Might be a sticky label or part of the silkscreen.

Offline gab_auTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 05:53:12 am »
Hi,
yes I have the maintenance manual , programming manual and operator manuals, thanks.

The board is the A7 card, this one is a 54100-D-40057-5G the 5G comes from the label on the back of the board "D40057-5G". The MM doesn't identify a -5G, it has -4,-6 and -7. This one does have GPIB but I don't know if it has distance to fault, the flash roms look OK, no corrosion etc so I think the firmware will be OK. There are no checked options on the back panel.

Cheers
Greg

Offline rohmeooo

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 12:34:42 am »
Hi!
Sorry to stir up an old post, but did you ever find a solution here?
I've got a similar problem with a 54111A where the cmos battery has corroded.

I've cleaned up as much as I can but I can't find any more issues -- no more broken vias/tracks.

Screen boots up and says it find the memory, but then just craps out when loading the program. 
Eventually the screen says "error passing AA to host", whatever that means.

Anyways can't find any replacement boards nor schematics, so i'm hoping you were able to make some progress on this one!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf