Electronics > Repair

Anyone who can rework LQFP100 in the US or even in Kensas ?

(1/2) > >>

Lucky1:
Hello,

a friend of mine received 10 preassembled PCBs from china with the wrong CPU types soldered . He already has the correct CPUs but now he is looking for someone who can swap them. Is there anybody here who can help him ? Would be great if I would receive a PM with contact details
of anyone willing to help.

whatboy:
That is quite easy, like the KBC from laptops, but I am in Mexico... well... hope you find some one who can help!

mazurov:
Search for 'PCB rework services', there are more than a couple in the US. They are all very expensive.

jpanhalt:
Replacing that device by hand should be doable.  I did a 64-pin version using ordinary hand tools.  If your friend is in Kansas, particularly in the Wichita area, I suspect there may be local avionics shops that could help.  How crowded is the board? A picture might help to access the difficulty.

Lucky1:

--- Quote from: jpanhalt on January 24, 2022, 10:41:59 am ---Replacing that device by hand should be doable.  I did a 64-pin version using ordinary hand tools.  If your friend is in Kansas, particularly in the Wichita area, I suspect there may be local avionics shops that could help.  How crowded is the board? A picture might help to access the difficulty.

--- End quote ---

Yes it is definitely doable. I did it several times myself using a hot air rework station to desolder and a small soldering tip to solder the new one. Unfortunatelly I´m in germany and not in the US and shipping has become so expensive.

Here is a picture

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version