Author Topic: BK Precision 9130 Triple Power Supply resistor values for repair  (Read 955 times)

Offline ahebertTopic starter

I have a BK Precision 9130 that I hooked up backwards to a battery :palm: and now I a want to replace the burnt parts, but I'm having trouble identifying one resistor value on the main analog board. Labeled #3 in the picture below, does anyone know the correct value?

In another post (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/bk-precision-9130-triple-power-supply-(identify-component)/msg3750955/#msg3750955), @jchw4 posted the following picture of the same board from the top view, but I cannot read the resistor colors from that view.

Does anyone have a schematic?
Or photo of a resistor where the color codes can be seen?
Or other suggestions?

Any help is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 11:01:00 pm by ahebert »

Offline jchw4

• Regular Contributor
Re: BK Precision 9130 Triple Power Supply resistor values for repair
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 12:08:17 pm »
Sorry for missing your post, I was away from the forum for a few days  ;)

I don't have specific photos of these resistors, but I attached a few that you could use as a reference. I was focusing on the MOSFETs and rectifiers, so resistors are a bit blurry.

Let me know if you need more. I stuill have it, but disassembly was a bit painful as I remember  :-\

Offline jchw4

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 12:13:13 pm »
BTW, could you take a photo of the main IC like I did here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/bk-precision-9130-triple-power-supply-(identify-component)/msg3745804/#msg3745804 ?
It would be useful to get more photos and finally identify it  :)

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 10:12:16 pm »
Awesome! Thank you so much! Looks like my resistor #3 is 1-ohm, based on your picture. Now I can order the parts and try the repair.

I'll take a pic of the main IC from my unit and post it later tonight.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2023, 03:00:23 am »
I managed to get a clear shot of the IC, and this one isn't obscured as thoroughly. See attached.

Looks to be an SST89E516RD2 https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/25093B.pdf.

The markings on the bottom-left of your IC photo look distinctly different than this chip. I suspect they are different parts, but since this is an 8051-compatible MCU, I'm guessing that there are a bunch of interchangeable models from different manufacturers.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 03:08:00 am by ahebert »

The following users thanked this post: jchw4

Offline jchw4

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2023, 05:37:17 am »
Awesome! Thank you so much! Looks like my resistor #3 is 1-ohm, based on your picture. Now I can order the parts and try the repair.

"Brown" "Grey" "Black" "Black" "Brown" - seems more like 180 Ohm to me.  :-//

You are probably right, it looks more like "Silver"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 05:55:22 am by jchw4 »

Offline jchw4

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2023, 05:37:56 am »
I managed to get a clear shot of the IC, and this one isn't obscured as thoroughly. See attached.

Looks to be an SST89E516RD2 https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/25093B.pdf.

The markings on the bottom-left of your IC photo look distinctly different than this chip. I suspect they are different parts, but since this is an 8051-compatible MCU, I'm guessing that there are a bunch of interchangeable models from different manufacturers.

Thank you very mich! This is interesting.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf