Author Topic: Broken powerbutton (Beelink BT3)  (Read 504 times)

Offline gerry42Topic starter

Broken powerbutton (Beelink BT3)
« on: July 24, 2021, 08:57:28 pm »
Hello!

I think I need some advice on how to fix an issue. Some background: I wanted to de-solder the powerbutton on a board I had laying around. The button was a tactile switch, so it would be easy enough to replace it with some wires or whatever. The end goal was to have control over the power button from another device.

Unfortunately, probably due to my inexperience, overconfidence and with a touch of clumsiness, I seem to have screwed things up a bit. Two solder pads have come off the board. I have attached a photo so you can have some idea.

I would appreciate any and all suggestion on how to salvage this. Many thanks!

(also, the large-ish pad on the outer edge of the board is the one to ground, unfortunately, otherwise I guess I could just have picked up ground from anywhere else on the board)

Offline Manul

• Super Contributor
Re: Broken powerbutton (Beelink BT3)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 09:49:35 pm »
Was the trace going to that small resistor on the right side? If yes, you could carefuly solder a thin, soft wire to that resistor. If the trace was going through the via into internal layer of PCB, then it is worse. Excavating PCB is quite delicate work and I don't suggest to try without experience. But maybe you could take a very thin wire, for example a single strand from multi strand wire and try to solder it to the via. If successful, then you could use multimeter and try to find where it goes to hopefully find a solid point to solder to.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf