Author Topic: [FIXED] Broken text display on TEK 2465B  (Read 564 times)

Offline thenewservantTopic starter

[FIXED] Broken text display on TEK 2465B
« on: January 13, 2021, 04:51:58 pm »
Hey guys,

I've recently picked up a TEK 2465B from ebay. The seller warned that the only defect was a dead channel 1, which I was fine with.

After booting it up, "DIAGNSTICS" etc showed up, as in any picture of the scope you could find. Five minutes later, the displayed text started to go weird and buggy, it seems broken, as shown on the two photographs. Channels 2,3 and 4, and basically every other aspect of the scope seems fine.

Do you guys think that could be a faulty cap problem? considering I did see it work then fail. Or could it be a dead ASIC?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 10:44:21 pm by thenewservant »

Offline thenewservantTopic starter

Re: Broken text display on TEK 2465B
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 07:35:28 pm »
Well folks, seems like a temporary bug, since the display worked back again as if nothing happened, and this, without me knowing how or why.

What I did was opening it up, looking at the big SMD-THT chips' battle inside (which is kind of weird imo), nothing more.

Offline jmelson

• Super Contributor
Re: Broken text display on TEK 2465B
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 11:56:41 pm »
The computer that runs the front panel and on-screen display is connected by a BUNCH of stacking connector pins and ribbon cables.  When I had flaky problems with mine, I reseated all these connections, and it went back to working fine.  Just opening the case could jostle the boards enough to temporarily fix it.

Jon

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf