Author Topic: Bush Heritage 11 DAB+ Radio  (Read 204 times)

Offline Wolfgang FelberTopic starter

Bush Heritage 11 DAB+ Radio
« on: March 24, 2024, 08:02:43 am »
Hi to all, newbie here. My problem is I have a Bush Heritage DAB+ radio which is completely dead, nothing happens. I have checked the outboard SM power supply, works fine, got 12 volts on the multimeter. I did notice there is a voltage regulator that is red hot to the touch.
Part no LD1117AL, surface mount device. I tested it, there was 6 volts going in and 240 milli volts coming out. Am I correct in assuming it is faulty? and can I get a replacement? I am trying to help a friend to repair it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
How do you know what voltage the regulator is, there are no marking giving you an idea of the output voltage. help with this would be great as well.

Online tunk

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Bush Heritage 11 DAB+ Radio
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 02:32:56 pm »
Photos?
Wouldn't really know, but it could be that something "downstream" of the regulator has gone bad.

Offline Wolfgang FelberTopic starter

Re: Bush Heritage 11 DAB+ Radio
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 06:47:07 am »
Hi all, after further investigation, I found there is a short circuit up stream of the regulator. I have removed the regulator but the SC is still there. I noticed there is a SC on the three SM capacitors to the left of the regulator. I have taken a photo of the position of the suspected SC.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf