Author Topic: Canon SX700 HS Flash problem  (Read 333 times)

Offline drkenrichTopic starter

Canon SX700 HS Flash problem
« on: November 14, 2022, 10:09:26 pm »
I've loved this camera since I bought it several years ago. In the last year the flash stopped working.

It will not allow setting the flash via the Function control wheel on the back. If I do a full reset on the camera, it sometimes will allow me to access the flash menu and select a setting. Then it will work for a few shots, then stop and require the same process again. Sometimes that reset doesn't work for several tries so I give up.

It does flash so the bulb and capacitor are good. I've tested all modes and it's the same in all of them. Popping up the flash before or after starting the camera makes no difference. Only, occasionally and becoming more rare, does the Reset work.

I've considered buying a new camera, but this is a classic in outstanding functions in minimal size. Nothing on the current market even comes close to 16.12 MP, 30x optical x 4x digital  = 120 total zoom, 1 mm - infinity focus range, 1/3200 - 15 second speed, Full HD on video and loads of other settings, etc. I've uses the full range of zoom many times and using available light is normally very good and passable in low light conditions.

I'm an amateur travel photographer for personal use only. I've used it for the last year, even without the flash, and hate to give it up for a lesser camera solely for an occasional flash. Generally, I carry it in my pocket and don't have room for a larger model that might require changes of lenses.

If anyone can give me details on getting into and fixing this problem, point out a similarly above normal functional alternative, send me to a good repair facility or fix it for me, I'm willing to listen.

Thanks in advance.

Offline viperrepair

• VIPER
Re: Canon SX700 HS Flash problem
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 08:11:18 pm »
Flash tube is failing. If you want you can monitor voltage across the tube if you can take the cover off. If it's charging its the tube.
Vancouver Island Photographic and Electronic Repair

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf