Author Topic: Mi Curved Gaming Monitor 34" - Horizontal lines  (Read 241 times)

Offline KikerumboTopic starter

Mi Curved Gaming Monitor 34" - Horizontal lines
« on: March 14, 2024, 08:46:31 pm »
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I have a Mi Curved Gaming Monitor 34". A few weeks ago it started to show (or not showing) horizontal lines. Of course, it's outside of the warranty period.

After some hours of reading and watching videos I disassembled the monitor and checked the ribbons that go from the TCON board to the panel PCB. If I disconnect the ribbon for the right side of the panel, the other half shows a perfect image. I ordered a "new" TCON, installed it and the issue persists so that tells me it must be a panel issue.

I've seen various videos talking about "the tape method", covering the clock signals (I believe). I don't understand much of electronics but I can't believe that's a solution (it has to have some kind of performance loss, maybe in the refresh speed?). If those connections weren't needed, they wouldn't be there. I don't think manufacturers do anything they don't need to.

Anyway, I can't find the right pads in the ribbon cable to block.

Now the question. Is it an issue with the panel itself or with the PCB of the panel? I suppose that if it is a panel issue I better throw it in the trash, but if it is a PCB issue it can be repaired. If the latter is true, can you help me find the issue?

Monitor model: XMMNTWQ34.

Panel model is: Samsung LSM340YP05.

TCON: CCPD-TC-340-001.

Panel PCB: CCPD-XR-340-001.

Thanks again!

Offline RayRay

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Mi Curved Gaming Monitor 34" - Horizontal lines
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 05:45:16 pm »
Have you tried swapping the ribbon cables to verify it's not a faulty one?
If you lightly press down on the COF (chip on film) transparent/yellow cable on right side of the panel board (while the monitor is working) does it make any difference?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf