Author Topic: Component help  (Read 283 times)

Offline MwapyTopic starter

Component help
« on: March 11, 2024, 11:46:55 pm »
Petsafe underground fence model RF-125.
It quit working, found the resistor shown (upper left) is burned, open. No designator, all other are R1, R2, etc. I need to know the value, one red stripe visible, others burned off. I have not found schematics online that show this (there are some that show everything else except SD2 and R?). It's connected to SD2, the the output connector. SD2 is a transistor of some sort (unreadable) with the center leg (collector?) cut and folded back. It maybe is being used as a diode(s). It beeps out as PNP.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 11:50:12 pm by Mwapy »

Offline iskpro

Re: Component help
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 01:21:49 pm »
I have the same problem.
I think my resistor is 5w. There are 3 windings on it. I burned 3 different resistors, hoping to find the resistance value by using the number of windings. But all three had 3 windings. Does anyone have a any idea? How can we find the value of these resistors?

Offline RayRay

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Component help
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 04:52:26 pm »
I have the same problem.
I think my resistor is 5w. There are 3 windings on it. I burned 3 different resistors, hoping to find the resistance value by using the number of windings. But all three had 3 windings. Does anyone have a any idea? How can we find the value of these resistors?
Basically, there are 3 ways to obtain the value of the resistor:

1. Schematics/Service manual of the product (if it can be found)
2. Looking at images of an identical board (look up the part number!)
3. A reading of the resistor via multimeter (in some cases, burned resistors would still give out the correct reading)

If none of the above checks out, then it simply can't be fixed unfortunately.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf