Author Topic: Component Identification  (Read 983 times)

Offline mechanicmavTopic starter

Component Identification
« on: August 03, 2018, 07:06:37 pm »
First post ever on the EEVBlog so I'm not certain which category this question falls under.  I have an Automotive Meter that was experienced an overvoltage event and it let the smoke out.   From what I can tell the only component that was affected was what looks like a diode however I am unable to identify the markings.   If someone from this forum could be so kind as to help me I would sure appreciate it.   I included an image of a good component with the same markings to make it easier to identify.  The identifiers on the part are what look like DH948 and U V.   Usually Google can turn up something but it was not helpful in this case so I am turning this over to the experts.   Please see attachment.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: Component Identification
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 08:30:22 pm »
could be an protector device  tvs ... tds ... or simply an diode as you say, can you give us the model, a brand ...   we see only the pcb

If this part is shorted out, if so you could remove it and see if there any voltages on the pads ac or dc ???  maybe the meter will start ??
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:34:28 pm by coromonadalix »

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 09:05:43 pm »
Thanks for the reply,   The device is a AutoMeter Air Fuel Ratio Gauge Model 4378.   

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 09:24:29 pm »
Here are a few more photos if it helps.   

I didn't have access to my soldering iron in the office.  I plan on removing it when I get home to the man cave and then measure the continuity from B+ to B-.  Currently Its shorted so once its removed I hope it will function.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 12:31:32 am »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf