Author Topic: Weller WTHA1 hot air station.  (Read 14329 times)

Offline janekx

• Contributor
Re: Weller WTHA1 hot air station.
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2017, 10:45:56 am »
We have cancel contract and now arrive the 861DW, first impresions are good. The unit self is bad screwed so it climb on legs. Unfortunately the relasing the screws not help to have all 4 legs in same level. So i put washer below one leg, now it stay solid.

Compressor is quite same as WTHA1 but can produce smaller amount of flow that is better for me and max flow is enought good as well for me.
Heat up is very fast, first work was without issues.
What i really like is stand, is solid and havy to keep handle well and firmly,  WTHAs stand was weak and soetimes the handle fall off the stand or press the start/stop button.
ESD connection is standard 3.5mm jack, WTHA was ESD safe too but not had any connector.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2017, 11:11:19 am »
The unit self is bad screwed so it climb on legs. Unfortunately the relasing the screws not help to have all 4 legs in same level. So i put washer below one leg, now it stay solid.
My unit stands very firmly. I guess the base could be not exactly straight. As it is made from sheet metal, I think you could release 2 screws on one of the corners, push base at this corner higher or lower as much as needed and tighten the screws while still holding the base in required position.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 11:12:54 am by wraper »

Offline janekx

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2017, 11:12:49 am »
I have opened whole unit 4screws on each side and not help, it is easily little bad drilled in cover. No big deal

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2017, 11:14:20 am »
I have opened whole unit 4screws on each side and not help, it is easily little bad drilled in cover. No big deal
Did you try to bend (twist back regarding to the front like on the pic) the base a little bit to make it straight? I guess it wasn't standing firmly even without the top cover?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 11:19:29 am by wraper »

Offline janekx

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2017, 11:17:57 am »
without cover it stayed well. Even small screw disalign can produce the twisting of button plate and then it result in climbing. No big deal in compre to WTHA1 LOL

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2017, 11:20:43 am »
without cover it stayed well. Even small screw disalign can produce the twisting of button plate and then it result in climbing. No big deal in compre to WTHA1 LOL
Then I think you could've easily twist the top cover instead.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2017, 11:27:15 am »
No big deal in compre to WTHA1 LOL
That's true. One EEVBLOG member from US exchanged two 861DW stations over some minor cosmetic issues, IIRC scratches, and in the end asked for refund. And that even without ever testing it, LOL. Got FR-810B for 2.5x of the price. After Louis Rossman review Hakko turns out to be completely inferior thing  :palm:.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2017, 08:04:54 pm »
Changing lighting to such which is immune to voltage fluctuations is the most viable IMO.
The more I think about it, I suspect you're right.

Offline styliusTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 07:39:59 am »
Hello. Daes anybody have or try Quick TR1100? I need for iphone repair small air maunt. Also have weller WTHA1 but this is too mutch air.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 12:18:40 pm »
Hello. Daes anybody have or try Quick TR1100? I need for iphone repair small air maunt. Also have weller WTHA1 but this is too mutch air.
In regard to the WTHA1 (100lpm max), why not just turn the airflow down low so it doesn't blow the parts all over/off the PCB?

In regard to the Quick TR1100, I found a few videos on YouTube that might be of some help*.

https://youtu.be/fRdY99DONWc?t=461

https://youtu.be/ThvQNeGw2YY

https://youtu.be/kRtYDluqcqs

For disclosure, I have a Quick 861DW. Though it's max airflow is 120lpm, it can be suitably lowered enough it's quite usable for the small packages used in cell phones.  ;)

* Do note that not all of these are in English, and there are others as well (i.e. Russian, Spanish, Cambodian, and Thai IIRC).
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:21:01 pm by nanofrog »

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2018, 12:44:22 pm »
Wtha1 minimum air flow is 10%, but i dont know how it is  L / min. User guide write: Air  flow 20°C -5-60, 300°C- 5-110.

Offline sstepane

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2018, 01:22:00 pm »
In regard to the WTHA1 (100lpm max), why not just turn the airflow down low so it doesn't blow the parts all over/off the PCB?

In regard to the Quick TR1100, I found a few videos on YouTube that might be of some help*.

TR1100 (TR1300?) looks very interesting, but there's no reviews or more videos to compare to bigger stations. I would love to see some good review and comparison!

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2018, 12:23:00 am »

TR1100 (TR1300?) looks very interesting, but there's no reviews or more videos to compare to bigger stations. I would love to see some good review and comparison!
FWIW, I've found some additional specs that might help you compare it to full sized stations.
  • Power = 180W
  • Airflow = 1.5 - 7.0 cc/hr (2.5E-5 to 1.17E-4 lpm)
  • Price = 370USD, 311.74EUR, or 277.21GBP on Aliexpress (here)
Also note that the unit linked is 220V, though it appears they are making/plan to make a 110V version. Apparently this is so new, Quick hasn't even put it on their US or global sites yet.

Hope this helps.  :)

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2018, 07:35:27 am »
For me 220v is okey, I am from Europe.

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2018, 05:26:46 pm »
After 5 day i hope get it on hand. Hope it is not money waste :)

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2018, 01:50:32 am »
After 5 day i hope get it on hand. Hope it is not money waste :)
I suspect it will perform satisfactorily for your requirements.  :-+

It also seems that you can swap between handles (small 180W standard on the TR1100, and the large 1kW version that comes standard on the TR1300) on the power unit. My guess, is there's a small ROM in the handles to tell the station which is installed so it correctly sets the airflow.

• Contributor
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2018, 09:13:57 am »
Where you see info what posible swap between handles?

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2018, 11:51:11 am »
Where you see info what posible swap between handles?
Go to the 45 second mark in the last video I linked above. You'll see the hose is disconnected from the station, and the connector ends (one in the end of the hose, and the other inside the station).

As the heating element is a replaceable cartridge like the 855 & 861DW models, I can't see any real need to also be able to quick-disconnect the hose & electrical connectors if it only works with a single hot air handle (whichever one it came with). So some deductive reasoning on my part.

There were other YT videos as well that indicated this IIRC.

For unequivocal proof, looks like you'll have to wait longer (or see if you get a response from emailing Quick about this issue).

SPECIFICATION:
• Display: LCD
• Maximum power: 180W
• Input voltage: 110V / 230V AC
• Temperature range: 100 ° C ~ 450 ° C
• Temperature stabilization: ± 2 ° C
• Airflow: 1.5 ~ 7 lpm (would make the most sense to me, although I'm seeing different units: cc/h, cubic meter/h, and lpm)
• Dimensions (WxDxH): 190 × 190 × 134 [mm]

Features:
• Programming Profiles (Programming temperature, air flow, operating time and other parameters)
• Multipoint digital temperature calibration.
• Three programmable operating modes.
• Over temperature alarm.
• Two-stage brushless motor for HOT AIR pumps.
• Modern design for quiet operation, noise level not exceeding 55dB.
• High-grade ceramic heating element.
• Low weight for convenient use.
• ESD design.

• Contributor
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2018, 07:55:38 pm »
Ask suport if posible swap tr1100 and tr1300, say it is diferent conector.  Money sent, waiting my item :D

• Contributor
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2018, 06:26:54 pm »
Today i got Tr1000. I like it. Good quality. Try desolder some ic, some resistor from nokia pcb, work good. Try with smalest noozle and air flow 2l/h. 
 So i hope it will be good for me, waranty is 24 month, so for this money i think it will be very good. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf