Author Topic: Ctek MXS 5.0 Resister R26 burnt out - what it the resister value  (Read 4011 times)

Offline basilcedricTopic starter

Ctek MXS 5.0 Resister R26 burnt out - what it the resister value
« on: November 26, 2017, 11:56:35 am »
HI, My Ctek MXS 5.0 has died.  It was purchased in Aug 2011 so is out of warranty.  A quick inspection shows that R26 is burnt out.  It is blackened so much that I can not read the color code to determine what value resistance to replace it with.  You can see from the photo that the first ring is brown so I know the first digit is 1 but that's it.  Has anyone got a MXS 5.0 apart (or kind enough open it - assuming warranty has expired) that can tell what value to use or post a photo of R26.  I have looked at the tear down featured in another article on this site and the photos unfortunately do not show R26.   Has anyone else had this problem and repaired it?

R26 = ????? ohms?

Offline Vetor

Re: Ctek MXS 5.0 Resister R26 burnt out - what it the resister value
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 10:37:50 pm »
I also have a MXS 5.0 that sttoped working. My model is a 220V but the differences in the circuit board suggest that mine has a newer layout.

I found this topic because my also broken but has not such resistor. At least I can compare the circuit and tell you what's the value of the one that seemed be replaced by a SMD. Can you tell me between it's connected to?

Offline Brettv

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 02:11:06 am »
old post... same model, but different revision.

In case it helps, pic attached.

Offline Shonky

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 11:09:00 pm »
Mine just died recently. I got around to pulling it apart. My R26 is damaged but not as bad as yours and measures open circuit

Colours appear to be orange, orange, black, silver, gold which I now put at 3R3 (330 x 0.01 5%). Does that seem right? I originally read it as 33R (ignoring the 4th band). Looks to be about 2W?

Offline mzacharias

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 04:20:52 pm »
The one shown with orange, orange, and black, silver and gold appears to be 3.3 ohms 5%
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 04:24:17 pm by mzacharias »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf