Author Topic: Repairing Mark Ethan 898D Hot Air Station  (Read 856 times)

Offline matombackTopic starter

Repairing Mark Ethan 898D Hot Air Station
« on: July 03, 2019, 10:42:17 pm »
I have a 898D clone (Mark Ethan) that I have been using for a while but did not purchase originally.

Recently I turned the hot air on and found the temp reading would not rise above 008. The fan starts and is fully controllable, but the heater appears to be broken. I purchased a replacement heating element for ~ $5 and installed it into the handle. It did not change the functionality so it seems that it is not the issue. Is there something else inside the base unit that I can look at / possibly replace to fix? I can't seem to find much information about this model, no schematic or anything else that would help me recognize what I might be looking for. However I did notice that the two 'hot' leads of the handle heating element (one red and one black) are at the same voltage and connected according to connectivity test when the unit is attempting to heat up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Offline LateLesley

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Repairing Mark Ethan 898D Hot Air Station
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 06:50:31 am »
I have a Saike 898D, basically a re-badge of the same model. My hot air gun died one day, fan would work intermittently, but in my case the heater and fan was ok. The cheap cable on the device was a fault. Broken cable. I replaced the cable with some 12 core I had on a reel, and got some new connectors to crimp on for plugging in inside the device.

So, First, I would buzz out the cable, before condemning the electronics.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf