Author Topic: datron 1071 error7 Seeking help  (Read 300 times)

Offline MuShanTopic starter

• Contributor
datron 1071 error7 Seeking help
« on: April 23, 2024, 02:57:32 pm »
1071 will not output error 7 when the resistor option is not inserted, but error 7 will occur when the resistor option is inserted It gives me a headache

• Contributor
Re: datron 1071 error7 Seeking help
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 02:58:46 pm »
When inserting the AC and current options separately, there is no error message of error 7, and this machine is very strange. If only the current and resistance options are not inserted, an error message of error 8 will be displayed

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 03:03:15 pm »
The original 1071 communication option communication gear will display error ol

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 03:04:55 pm »
The original 1071 AC voltage option would display error ol in the AC gear, but now the 1061a AC voltage option is being used

Offline TheDefpom

• Frequent Contributor
  • YouTuber Nerd - I Fix Stuff
    • The Defpom's Channel
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 04:52:10 am »
I may be remembering this incorrectly, but try changing the 2 wire - 4 wire switch.. I know in one position it will result in an error during self test, I don't remember the error number though, it MIGHT have been 7.

Also if it has the front rear input switching check for that being wrong too.

I have done several repair videos on the Datron multimeters, you should probably watch them for some tips.

The first thing is definitely to replace ALL the electrolytic capacitors, the most important to do are on the bootstrap supplies on the analogue PCB, there is a row of blue caps along the front side of the board, they are ALWAYS bad, but ideally you replace all of the caps, I have seen bad power supply caps take out the main diode bridge which then shorts out which then overheats the transformer.
Cheers Scott

Check out my Electronics Repair, Mailbag, or Review Videos at https://www.youtube.com/TheDefpom

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 11:50:13 am »
I may be remembering this incorrectly, but try changing the 2 wire - 4 wire switch.. I know in one position it will result in an error during self test, I don't remember the error number though, it MIGHT have been 7.

Also if it has the front rear input switching check for that being wrong too.

I have done several repair videos on the Datron multimeters, you should probably watch them for some tips.

The first thing is definitely to replace ALL the electrolytic capacitors, the most important to do are on the bootstrap supplies on the analogue PCB, there is a row of blue caps along the front side of the board, they are ALWAYS bad, but ideally you replace all of the caps, I have seen bad power supply caps take out the main diode bridge which then shorts out which then overheats the transformer.
I have watched your videos many times and have replaced all tantalum electrolytic capacitors with solid-state capacitors, as well as which electrolytic capacitors I have switched to in the 2W situation

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2024, 12:29:03 pm »
I suspect it's a problem on the DC board

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf