Author Topic: debricking a makita battary bl1415  (Read 3524 times)

Offline loordgekTopic starter

debricking a makita battary bl1415
« on: January 20, 2020, 08:04:43 pm »
hello

i re celled a makita battery bl1415 but now it is bricked

the micro is a freescale/NXP MC908JK3ECDWE

https://datasheet.octopart.com/MC908JK3ECDWE-Freescale-Semiconductor-datasheet-8932.pdf

can i read the micros flash (using a arduino) ? the data sheet mentions that you can read the flash
i want read the it so i can see if it is only anti right to repair or is it doing more

can i reprogram the micro (using a arduino) so i can remove the bricked part?

Offline BurningTantalum

• Frequent Contributor
Re: debricking a makita battary bl1415
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 09:46:05 am »
Chinese replacement BMS pcbs are available for only a few Euros/$/£. I have repaired several packs with these pcbs and new cells and they work correctly. I doubt that the lock-out flag on the original pcb can be reset. The pack will lock out if it is connected to the charger 3 times with a below spec cell or cells, so if the pack is locked out it is imperative to dismantle it and charge the series cells from a PSU before using it and recharging on the charger.
BT

The following users thanked this post: MagicSmoker, Oldman79

Offline Oldman79

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 08:03:50 am »
Chinese replacement BMS pcbs are available for only a few Euros/$/£. I have repaired several packs with these pcbs and new cells and they work correctly. I doubt that the lock-out flag on the original pcb can be reset. The pack will lock out if it is connected to the charger 3 times with a below spec cell or cells, so if the pack is locked out it is imperative to dismantle it and charge the series cells from a PSU before using it and recharging on the charger.
BT

Thanks for this information, I also have some bricked Makita batteries

Offline loordgekTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 10:54:19 am »
is that safe ?
i heard from somebody who got some battery's from ali but they exploded. are the cells bad ?

Offline ckambiselis

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 08:02:16 am »
Has anyone found any new info on resetting the lock out? There are possibilities that you could get a lock out while the cells are just fine, and I don't trust any cheap knock off PCBs that are available as a fix!

Oscar

Offline WaynesWorld

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 08:24:44 am »
Hi all. I just registered, to comment in this thread, but I've been watching Dave's videos for the last 3 weeks and been meaning to join anyways.

I am actually wanting to unbrick some batteries, including Makita and Hikoki/Hitachi.

Milwaukee are easy - just put them on the OEM charger (once the cells are in range) for 10 seconds and they are good to go.

I haven't had the same luck with Makita and Hikoki. Any clues?

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 10:48:03 am »
With all the china copy cats around, some makers have bms who communicate data with the chargers ... you can see all the pack life (temperature, charge discharge cycles etc ..)

I had the chance to poke in DeWalt 20v and 20v/60v packs,   saw many bms related problems in it, some cells are'nt equalized properly or not at all, and the pack became defective, saw some cells at 0.5 volts and the other where too high in voltages.

The pcb in put in a insulating gel.

One of the problems i see are the people badly connect them for a charge, they dont push completly the pack in the charger ...  and the bms can not operate properly
and other people who left their pack in the car in the winter season ...

Until someone crack this ..

You're left with   non genuine chargers to buy and non genuine batteries to buy

You'll have to sniff  the data lines ...

Some makers  after  x amount of discharges will deliberatly lock out the battery pack, saying they are done with their life expectancy.   
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 10:57:07 am by coromonadalix »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf