Author Topic: DELL P2416Db LCD monitor LED backlight HELP please  (Read 562 times)

Offline davebullockTopic starter

DELL P2416Db LCD monitor LED backlight HELP please
« on: January 24, 2022, 03:58:39 pm »
Hi
Can anyone help me please with my broken Dell monitor LED backlight SMPSU please?

My monitor went dead and I quickly found that the on board mains fuse had blown.
I checked all the usual suspect, mains bridge, HV capacitor switching MOSFET and all were OK.
So I then began looking at the LV side.
There is a 16 pin DIL SMPSU? IC that seems to power the LCD panel ( LTM238DL01-C01) LED backlight system.
It has a mass of SMD components around it but it drives a power MOSFET with a 'catch diode' that supplies the LED's through a BLE-6PINS-CCAACC connector.
I found the power MOSFET completely short circuit.
Expecting a short circuit on the embedded LEDS in the LCD panel I measured all combinations of the 6 wires and they all seemed open circuit.
So, suspecting the MOSFET died of old age I replaced it and the on-board mains fuse.
Sadly the MOSFET just went short again but this time burnt out the pair of R33 source resistors (connected to GND) and the X10 (12.4 Ohm?) gate series resistor!

I am now stuck.
The DIL16 SMPSU/LED controller IC has no markings, I can't find any power supply schematics for my Dell P2416Db monitor.
Can anyone help me please?
Thanks in anticipation
Dave

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf