Author Topic: "DIY" Branson EC Ultrasonic Solution Idea (?)  (Read 528 times)

Offline KatLabTopic starter

"DIY" Branson EC Ultrasonic Solution Idea (?)
« on: March 22, 2022, 09:02:17 pm »
Hey guys!

CAUTION, LOTS OF TEXT AND LOW REDACTION SKILLS, ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE lol

So, i've been looking for Branson EC or some good alternative in my country since i started on Electronics Repair (like 5 years ago) with zero luck. Last year i tried to import a Gallon, but dealing with chemicals and the weight of that thing, shipping got expensive really fast. so i tried asking big repair shops where do they get the ultrasonic cleaning solution for water damaged phones and stuff, and turned out that EVERY SINGLE ONE(even Reifschneider, that's an official apple repair shop in Chile) told me they just use IPA mixed with water or just plain IPA in the Ultrasonic bath  :palm: .
From my humble experience in water damaged phones, demineralized water and IPA only works for removing Flux and gunk, and using pure IPA in the tub is just an accident waiting to happen.

THE ACTUAL QUESTION STARTS HERE

So i started searching for the Branson EC formula, and came across with the Safety Data Sheet, and found out that Branson EC is 70-80% Monoethanolamine, 5-10% Morpholine and the rest is just water. Monoethanolamine is an industrial alkaline detergent and Morpholine is mostly used as a Ph stabilizer. I can buy a 1 liter bottle of 99% Monoethanolamine for like 15 USD. Could it be possible to use Monoethanolamine as a Branson EC in my ultrasonic bath? or am i just being too much of a cheap bastard? i could seriously start a new "Branson EC Cheap Alternative" business here in Chile if this works, but i wanted to ask you guys what you think.

thanks and sorry about the messy redaction

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf