Author Topic: DS1102D Rigol Oscilloscope Rotary Encoder Problems  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Omar MekkawyTopic starter

• Contributor
DS1102D Rigol Oscilloscope Rotary Encoder Problems
« on: July 08, 2018, 12:23:33 am »
Hi Friends,

I got a DS1102D Rigol Oscilloscope and I don't know what is going on with its rotary encoder. ( Its LJV Brand )

it looks like my problem like this problems in this video :

It happened once more than one year ago and I have opened the oscilloscope and disassembled the rotary encoder and cleaned it and it worked fine. This also happened again now and I have a little dusty lab. Is this due to dust ? or what ?
Also I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version from two years a go. could this the cause of the problem ?
if there any replacement for this rotary encoder, does anyone tried them for a long time ?

Thank You for your help.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 12:25:53 am by Omar Mekkawy »

Offline cs.dk

• Supporter
Re: DS1102D Rigol Oscilloscope Rotary Encoder Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 06:44:13 am »
I don't know for sure it'll work, but there is a forum post here about encoders in the DS1000Z series scopes; https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-ds1054z-rotary-encoder-mod/

The following users thanked this post: Omar Mekkawy

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 06:12:27 am »
I sent an Email to the Technical support of Rigol and told them the problem and if they can send me a replacement for the user interface board because I can't afford sending the oscilloscope back for servicing, they took the serial number and checked my problem as solved without even helping me solving it ???!!!

Offline LapTop006

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 06:50:46 am »
This happened to mine when I went to use it recently after a long period (years). In my case it's time for a new scope anyway (hopefully finally being delivered this week).

Being unreliable like that is almost more annoying than being completely broken.

The following users thanked this post: Omar Mekkawy

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 01:07:37 pm »
Yes, if I knew that problem earlier I will not even try Rigol again. Their servicing and technical support sucks.

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 01:08:36 pm »
This happened to mine when I went to use it recently after a long period (years). In my case it's time for a new scope anyway (hopefully finally being delivered this week).

Being unreliable like that is almost more annoying than being completely broken.

What is the model number of scope you bought ?

Offline LapTop006

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 01:39:02 pm »
I wanted something with a big (for a scope) screen, and combined with a few other things ended up buying a (refurb) Keysight 6000-X.

Not anywhere near the same price class as the Rigol. We also just picked up a 1074Z for the office lab, so I'll get to see how nice they are soon.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf